Saturday, August 27, 2022

Table Shuffle

While I was away, Doug was out for a walk and came across a yard sale. Doug loves yard sales.

There were a couple of things that caught his eye, an interesting glass chicken (I really should take a picture of it) and a nice table were among them. He went home, got the jeep, and brought his treasures home. 

The table is nice and I really like it. He put it by the window where we already had a table. It is was where we do puzzles. But this is a much nicer table. 

So the old table was there, sitting in the middle not where it was supposed to be, because he didn't know where to put it. 

In my mind I'm thinking ... I don't know, in the basement? The storage room? Oh but that would require moving some boxes, and then putting the table in the corner and then stuff on top of the table and under it. This was sounding like a project to him, so, leave it in the living room until Chris comes home. 

Let Chris Decide.

I ignored it all week. Last Sunday I was just happy to come home, all I wanted was to do my laundry and go to bed. I didn't want to think about moving tables around anywhere.

I worked all week with the table in the living room, now pushed over into the corner near the dog kennel.  Geoff had started just dumping things on it like his school bag, car keys (they go on the hook by the door!) and stuff he was grabbing at the market (that goes in the kitchen!) 

Before it would get to the point where this old table now lives forever in the middle of the room, last night I asked Doug where it should go. He suggested our room, under the window on my side of the bed. I thought that sounded good except I let that part of the house also kind of go to seed since the pandemic. 

In that corner, I have a chair with a bunch of things on it that I need to hem, sew, fix. I had a laundry basket full of random stuff, including Geoff's text books and scrubs from the RadTech program when he tried to throw them all out or burn them. I rescued them that night in October, and had just forgotten about the, piling more things on top. 

Oh! There's my Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers T-shirt with the King of the Hill style illustration. Wondered where that went. Oh! There's my Guster shirt from the Vermont 2019 shows. What are you two doing mixed in here! Salvation! Treasure!  

Then, there were the boxes from my office that I brought back a month or so ago, needing to be sorted and figured out. The bag of Christmas lights that were all around my desk. Many other things. Alright. Let's get to work.

My friend Rob called me this morning to catch me up on his life, so I took the phone into my bedroom and started working on things while he talked. He can talk a lot, and I love to listen a lot. I got the area where I wanted to put the table all cleaned up and organized.  Beauty!

After Rob and I were done chatting, I moved the table into the bedroom. For me to think about. Now what I am pondering is if I should put my computer monitor up there, let Geoff have the desk downstairs (he has kind of moved in on my space so I abandoned it. I can just let him have it). I need a better chair than the one that has the sewing piled on it (I know I can get a chair from my office so maybe I'll do that next week...) I may need a power strip or something. And of course, behind me I'll need to do something about my bureau and the top of the small kid's sized desk that we inherited from our apartment in Marblehead before Geoff was even born. 

You go to do one thing, don'tcha? One. Thing. And it turns into a two room reorganization project. 

The new puzzle table now has a new puzzle on it, ready to go. It wasn't my plan today to do this but Doug was not in a doing thing mood today, so I busied myself. He came in the bedroom and was surprised... he'd noticed the table was moved but didn't know where I put it. And now he knows. 

More to come on that. 

Digits below. 

digits

exercise: dedicated 10+22. Doug went out for his walk, I did mine inside. I felt guilty not going with him and felt tired when he left, then thought better of it. Phineas and I got a good solid half hour of movement for sure. Add to that all the cleaning, reorganization, moving of things. It was a busy body day.

blood glucose
9:30am 184
5:30pm 131
11pm 175

food
coffee, water, iced tea
11:30am 2 ham and cheese lettuce wraps (would have had 3 but the romaine was too small); Metformin
5:30pm 2 handfuls of trail mix
6:30pm 3 pieces of country style pork ribs, grilled; cheese sauce, sour cream, 1 avocado, small bowl of cantaloupe 


1 comment:

  1. Eliz in Rockport11:12 AM

    Whoa! 131! Your body apologized for all those 200+'s the day before!

    ReplyDelete