Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Three Ladies

I am happy to report that the sea lion tank was full of water and sea lions this morning. I could see their cute little water cow bodies slipping all through the tank, sun reflecting on their shapes as they did zoomies. I guess last night was tank cleaning night. 

We went to bed after hanging out with V until about 11pm, and I couldn't fall asleep. At 6am some alarm clock on the floor started to go off and was not being turned off. I waited patiently, you know, in case the person in the room was in the bathroom or something and forgot to turn it off. No dice. I called the front desk to report it and they eventually got someone up to turn it off. I eventually fell back asleep, but every time someone walked down the hall I could hear them talking. Some hotels have soundproof doors. This hotel did not. 

I told Linda that as far as hotels go, this was okay. Borderline Meh. Location amazing. Staff wonderful. But. Meh. Not worth the price. And I feel like we paid for a very nice downtown parking spot more than anything. 

This morning we didn't hesitate, we both got up, showered, dressed, ready. And we headed to see my old boss from 2017, when her tenure with our team was terminated and the rest of the team either relocated or got other jobs. We had a great visit, it was so fun and natural talking to her. When I had arranged to visit with her I realized my college roommate lived about a mile away. So we then went to see her. Just in time... she's taking her youngest to college in North Carolina on Thursday. Short and sweet visit, but wonderful and lovely. We then drove west to go see Jo, the former owner of the cooking school I worked at before my current job. Also known as "Awesome." So much fun. She's amazing. I realize how many just super wonderful smart, talented, funny women I know. And these three are treasures for me. 

We got on the highway to drive down to my parents, only one hour from Jo, straight shot down. I think tomorrow it is supposed to rain, so Linda and I talked about spending the day cleaning at their house. We're going to swing by Walmart, get things to clean with, I think I should get kind of a work t-shirt since I forgot to pack one, and we'll drink mimosas and clean. Like ya do. 

With dueling TV volumes in the other rooms competing for our sanity. 

Here is a picture from Roslindale. Digits below.


digits

Exercise: lots and lots of driving. No dedicated 10. Unless I'm suddenly inspired to just go walk up and down the hall in the hotel.

Edit: at 11:30 decided to walk up and down the hall for the dedicated 10 afterall, and got 18 minutes total. yay!

Blood Glucose:
9am: 195
xpm (dinner time-ish) no reading taken. Driving. Didn't have testing kit with me when I ate dinner
10pm:181

Food/Meds:
Breakfast, 9am - 2 good yogurt, pepperoni slices, cheese slices, coffee, water
Metformin - 3pm while driving, thinking we'd grab something to eat shortly. we didn't.
Dinner, 6pm: Caesar Salad (small); 6 buffalo wings; 1 beer
Metformin/Jardiance - 10pm 
snack, 10pm: hummus/crackers, mixed nuts

No comments:

Post a Comment