Saturday, August 06, 2022

planning and the final countdown

 Neglected to add in yesterday that I did do my dedicated 10 but forgot to enter it. It was exactly 10 minutes because I started it when I thought I'd have a half hour before the thai food delivery and the guy arrived 20 minutes early. Did not expect that. so Geoff took the food out to the kitchen and I did my laps in the house. 10 minutes on the nose. Would have liked more but. Dinner smelled good. 

Over this week I've worked on setting up a couple of meet and greets, and researching restaurants and bars. I feel like I have a real grasp on where to hang out in Portland. I pre-arranged one gathering spot and Guster and a brewery kind of made one for me, which I then made an event for in order for the brewery to kind of set up a spot for us to congregate at for X amount of people. 

I also talked to one of my "kids" from the high school back in Massachusetts. He and his wife own an antique store (honestly... how are some of my "kids" married and own businesses, and are doing very well for themselves!) So on Sunday I hope to get Linda and Ginger up early for a little drive north into Maine up to their town, for a visit and a look-see at the shop. Their collection looks nice, and maybe I'll come home with some cool junk, I mean, collectibles or antiques, from them. If nothing else, a big hug from Sam. 

Doug went to the farmers' market this morning without me. I wasn't awake enough to go and felt like playing candy crush and drinking coffee at 8:30am. He came back with a cantaloupe, a giant bag of peaches, and a giant bag of yellow plums. He wants me to make peach pie. So. I think I need 5-7 of them for it to work. I'll try to fit that in tomorrow. 

Seeing as I'm leaving Wednesday, if he wants me to do it, well then. It'll be my parting gift to the family for me disappearing for ten days. 


No picture. nothing exciting to take pictures of inside. 




digits

exercise: Dedicated 10+22 Doug went out for his walk, I was going to go with him until I stepped outside and felt the humidity. Feh. Laps inside instead and I walked until I knew it was at least a half hour. 

blood glucose:
9am: 173
6pm: 156
11pm: 212 (not sure why so high? no alcohol, maybe more carbs in the red sauce than I thought? hmmm)

food:
Coffee
water
3 egg omelet with goat cheese and chives (restaurant quality, I must say)
1 chewy chips ahoy cookie
ramekin of nuts
2 hot italian sausages in sauce with sauteed onions and peppers from our garden. Now I have heartburn. Green peppers are just doing it to me lately. Red not so much - but wow. I hate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment