Sunday, August 14, 2022

Portland to Portsmouth

 We got cleared out of our hotel at about 11am. Initially I wanted for us to head up to a friend in Hallowell but nixed that idea. I knew it would be super heavy traffic on such a weekend, so I packed us into the car, and we went on a toodle aboot. Ginger hasn't been to Maine before so I wanted her to see the coast.

We hit Portland Head Light (which Ginger asked why it was called Head Light. No. It's Portland Head's Light. Not Portland, Headlight). 


I cropped this from the vertical view so it would fit nicely here. What a day. Just simply wonderful weather-wise and sky-wise and cloud-wise.

We enjoyed a really fun walk around and decided it was lunchtime. We drove back toward town because Ginger wanted a lobster roll, and the restaurant I picked close to the lighthouse didn't sell them. Boo. So we ended up at a place called Becky's Diner in the Port. Great meal, tons of fun. 


From there, a spin through town, fill up on gas, and time to head south. 

Initially I thought I'd drive us down Rte 1 or 1A or something, Saco, Old Orchard, York, Ogunquit, Kennebunk/port etc. But the traffic looked worse on those roads than 95 so we stuck to the highway. It shouldn't take 3 hours to get from Portland to Portsmouth! 

It ended up taking about 2, but we made it, got secure, and checked into the hotel. We had some issues with the last hotel, but this one is much much better. Much. 

C came and met us for dinner, and Jess joined us too. We had a great time catching up. Very happy to be with my kid and bestie, enjoying the little city I love. 

Portsmouth is a little charmer, easy to walk around and lots to see. 

Tomorrow morning I'm going to meet another friend for breakfast while Linda gets some work done. It'll be an early start for me, which is okay. I'll enjoy getting some walking in before another day of driving. 

It was hard seeing all the social media posts about how much fun it was hanging out with Guster at the day camp they had, but my friend Sara shared pictures and video of her son just living his best wild 7 year old life and that was delightful. 

Right then. Here is Jess and me. I miss spending time with them. I miss talking to them. I miss them. Digits below. 


Digits

exercise: Dedicated 10+13. Great strolls around in Maine and Portsmouth. Got some steps in for sure! 

blood glucose: 
(I have to double check these numbers. notebook is in the backpack)

9am
5pm
10pm: 191

Food:
coffee
water
2 sausage patties & some scrambled eggs
5 fried scallops & cole slaw, side salad with bleu cheese
a bunch of french fries
side salad, chicken fingers (breaded) dipped in honey bbq and buffalo sauce
2 vodka sodas with lemon


No comments:

Post a Comment