Monday, August 22, 2022

To go on vacation again

 Coming home last night, unpacking my dirty clothes and getting laundry organized, Geoff came into the room to catch me up on his fall semester, which begins today. He also told me he baked cookies the other day and saved one for me. 

It softened the blow a little, as was a little frustrated when I got home because the kitchen was a straight up wreck. Both Doug and Geoff know I hate coming home and cleaning up after other people when I wasn't there to make or contribute to the mess. But there we were. I didn't touch the kitchen last night, but went to my bedroom, unpacked my bag, got the laundry organized and just said fuck it, flopped on the bed and played candy crush. 

Additionally, another rule for when I travel there has to be milk for my coffee in the morning. And there was not. So this morning, while I was cleaning up the kitchen Geoff went out and got milk for me. He said he had a lot of it with the cookies. So I get it. Milk and cookies is awesome even when you are 25. But get in the car and go get your mom milk before she comes back so she isn't like ... dead tired and scrubbing the counter.

Work today was a little wild and out there. Someone on our team asked a question and one of my colleagues and I answered, with some context. The original question asker said "can you just stick to the topic at hand about XYZ and leave out the extra info." 

Oh. Okay. The extra info will be helpful to you, so okay. "No, we don't know more than what we told you or what person to ask so okay bye." 

And then we found out something wild and out there about another station, and I guess my face and my colleague's face told the tale of how we were not at all aware of the thing we were learning. 

Coming back from vacation, and being surprised and annoyed right off the bat at work, well. That's just fun, isn't it. 

My sister also felt a bunch of crazy no-good stuff returning to work today (she only did a few things because she's using some bereavement time) and both of us were very keen to just stop working, never work again, be done with co-workers who say snarky shit and getting blindsided by unexpected news. 

So we both really want to go back on vacation. Can we get a do over, with Guster concerts and no funeral? Yes dinner with friends, but no putting a relative in the earth? 

No picture today - my phone is on the charger in the other room and I am so bed-bound. zzz. 





digits

exercise: Dedicated 10+8 ... would have kept going but had to get on a call.

blood glucose:
9am: 180
5:30pm: 160
10:30pm: 190

food:
coffee, water
Noon: bowl of yogurt with peach; metformin
5pm: handful of trail mix
6:30pm 2 chicken thighs, salad, small avocado; metformin+jardience
8:30pm trail mix; Edam cheese 



No comments:

Post a Comment