Monday, August 01, 2022

Migraine

I was working on a spreadsheet last night when the visual migraine started. Always starts with a visual issue, frosted glass right in the middle of my left eye's view of things. I usually have about a half hour to take my medication, drink a lot of water, and go have a lie down in a dark room before the pain hits. I've had this happen while at work and the getting home before the pain hits, with the loss of vision, that can be a challenge. I've learned to carry the prescription with me, even though this only happens a couple times a year. One of my coworkers has this happen literally every day. And hers are painful, and she can't be in bright light. I couldn't imagine. 

This  time it wasn't so painful, but my back and neck hurt most after a while. Straining, flexing, I guess. Doug was nice enough to rub my back for a while and it felt nice. It took me a really long time to fall asleep last night, and today was exhausting. 

I got started with planning the get togethers for the meetup possibilities when the migraine hit. Thankfully Guster went ahead and set one up with a brewery on Friday that I actually was reaching out to (thanks band!) 

Work was incredibly busy today and I pretty much put in an 11 hour day. Finished up very late, and then went back to the well for more. 

My migraine feels like a hangover now,  so I'm going to take the prescription again, and hope it clears things up. 

Tomorrow we're going out to eat with a friend from the past. Haven't seen him for a hot second so this'll be nice. I've already let my manager know I'm tapping out early so we can be there on time. Can't wait. 

I'm feeling super excited about seeing people. Up in Maine and here at home. 

No picture today, digits are scrolling down the page there. 







digits

exercise: Dedicated 10+2. Had to get dinner started and was still in the middle of working so I had to cut things short but I fit it in. Yay me.

Blood glucose:
8:30am 160
5pm 156
11pm: 187

Food:
coffee
water
seltzer
chicken salad (chicken, mayo, cream cheese, almonds, celery)
chili (ground beef, onion, peppers from the garden, diced tomatoes, kidney beans, sour cream) tortilla chips
ramekin of nuts

No comments:

Post a Comment