Wednesday, July 06, 2022

Faster Car Secured

Doug bought a 2013 Dodge Avenger. 

It looks cool. It is silver. It looks fancy. He said it drives great and it gets great highway gas mileage which is important for Geoff going to school.

He passed on the BMW, even though the best used car we have EVER had was a BMW. He opted for the fact that parts & labor on the Dodge would probably be better than the Beemer, and we wouldn't have to change mechanics. Our mechanic doesn't service BMWs. He also looked at a Volvo, but passed on it as well. Same reasons. 

We discussed the pros and cons of buying a used car this way. I've been of the mindset that we should go to a "real" dealership and get a new or a used car at the dealer, and not an old car. In Maryland, it is best to buy from a dealership, even a small one like where Doug went, because they are responsible for all the registration and the crazy crazy inspection process. The inspection process is indeed insane. 

He did the math on the cars we've recently had, and what we've paid for them in cash, the cost of repairs on them, we've had a stretch that have done far better for us financially than paying 300 bucks (or more) a month and super expensive repairs through a dealership. He spends a GREAT deal of time researching the cars, and he won't buy a car from some guy on Craigslist. He learned that lesson when we lived in Massachusetts. 

So I know to he's right. But I also just .... want something new.

We pick it up next week after they have all the inspection and DMV work done for us. Here's to the Dodge.

When Doug finished buying the car, he stopped over at one of our favorite breweries because it was super close. They recognized him and asked after me. We haven't been there for a while, so I thought it was kind of cute the kid pulling beer recalled us. Hilarious. He brought me home some beer and I sadly didn't drink it because of the stomach ache and the fact I feel like my blood sugar is too high. I pulled aside 2 cans of the beer, and tonight I'll have 4oz of each just for a taste. Since he bought them just for me.

I had a horrible headache and stomach ache yesterday. Headache was taken care of by a nap and some tylenol. But the stomach ache raged. I thought maybe I should eat, maybe I'm hungry, but all the food we have just made me think I'd get sicker. And I wasn't really hungry at all. I found some pepto bismol pills in the hall closet from a trip I'd taken before the pandemic, I think one of the conferences. I'd had a stomach ache when getting there, and there was a CVS across the street so I grabbed these. Taking one changed everything. Stomach ache was gone in about a half hour. What a relief! Note to self, there are 2 left. Go get some more next time you are at the store. 

I meet with a nutritionist on Friday in a video call. I have all of the records of what I've been eating for the past couple months, we'll see what she has to say. Where I'm failing or succeeding. 

In the meantime, there are two beautiful boxes of crackers in the cabinet, and I long for peanut butter on a bagel. But I know what that'll do to things. Maybe peanut butter on celery sticks instead. 

Here's a picture of the car that I pulled a screenshot of off the website of the dealership. Vroom. Doug said the first thing that's gotta go is the Eagles plate on the front, and the second thing is the Eagles steering wheel cover. How very dare they. 

Digits after image.


Digits

exercise

Blood Glucose:
8am: 153
5pm: 188 (I forgot to take my medication at noon so maybe that's why so high)
10pm: 177

Food:
Coffee
Water
2 bowls of turkey salad with cranberries and walnuts
grilled buffalo wings, salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, goat cheese. Bleu cheese
small ramekin of trail mix
8 oz of beer (4 oz of 2 kinds)


No comments:

Post a Comment