Thursday, July 14, 2022

Jimmie Cone

Doug successfully (finally) picked up the car today (yay) and we took it for a spin way up to the north part of the county. 

Soft serve ice cream is hard to find in these parts, except for Dairy Queen. Which is great, in a pinch. When you really want a chocolate vanilla swirl. And I've been okay missing out on it with all I've been trying to do.

Jimmie Cone, about 45 minutes from my house, is a not to be missed destination. With the new car keys burning a hole in his hands, Doug wanted to take me for a spin up there to get one of my favorites. How could I say no? 

We went up the highway first to get a feel for it at highway speeds, and then east to Damascus. It wasn't terribly crowded once we got there, which was nice. A chocolate vanilla swirl for me and solid chocolate for Doug. 

One of the noticeable things about this ice cream was how dense it is. Soft serve can be very airy sometimes, but this was thick and heavy, and wonderful. Really loved it. 

I was thinking about "rewards" for doing good. Rewarding myself for lowering the A1C for losing 1 pound. What's a reward of a ton of sugar when you're attempting to make it so you don't die or lose your feet or your kidneys shut down. Is this truly a reward? 

Should one continuously live that ascetic life of denial of the things? Or is one ice cream cone just one ice cream cone and not one in a string of 40 days of ice cream cones? 

It was one ice cream cone. And back on the trail tomorrow. 

Digits below the picture. As usual.


digits

exercise: "Dedicated 10" plus 18. Just shy of 30 min. Geoff and Doug got back and interrupted me. and it was time to make dinner.

blood glucose:
9am: 144
6pm: 165
10pm: 215

food:
Coffee
Water
iced coffee
1 peach
1 apricot
3 egg omelet with mexican cheddar, ham, diced tomato, avocado
handful of nuts
some kielbasa, onion, zuke & squash sauteed 
medium chocolate/vanilla swirl
wine+diet 7up

No comments:

Post a Comment