Saturday, July 16, 2022

Not a wasted Saturday

 "You've wasted every moment of your Saturdays and your Sundays.
You're wasted from the boredom. It was never supposed to be like that..."
-Guster "Happier"

I woke up at 8:30 which is unusual for me. Rather early. 

I heard Doug and Geoff talking in the living room. I knew Geoff had class this morning from 9:30am to 12:30pm, so he was probably getting his breakfast ready and more coffee. 

Doug had started a second pot of coffee, Geoff went through one on his own when he woke up (he's an early bird so my guess was he was up at about 6). The coffee maker was struggling to get the job done. Sputtering, steam coming out from multiple locations. Hmmm. I waited for it to finish and tried to figure out if the water spout was clogged but it was all too hot. We figured out later that the water tube was not sucking up the water, and we tried to fix it but no dice. 

Life without coffee in this house is a non-starter so we knew we'd be going shopping. 

We needed a new regulator for the gas grill, and a few other things, and the farmers' market is on Saturday, so, I got dressed and ready and Doug and Chris went out together to run errands. 

Farmers' market was the first stop. More lil'squashes and zukes, beautiful gold cherries, apricots, peaches. Petting dogs and talking to strangers, like I do.  

Then over to the liquor store. We were literally out of everything. Wine. Vodka. Gin. I suggested tequila and Doug said "they're going to think we have a drinking problem at the cash register. I'll go to a different store later for that."

We then went to the hardware store. I'm sometimes surprised when I go to this lil place that they have so much stuff. I needed some low-rider beach chairs for the trip to Maine because the venue only allows these low style beach or camping chairs. We bought 3. Jesus they're expensive though?  I thought they'd be 25 bucks or something, but no way. So. 3 procured. Sara has to pick up 3 for herself/family but I took pictures to send her so she could see the 2 styles. And the kid size for Henry. 

Doug was exceptionally helpful picking out the chairs and going through the collection. Sometimes he's weird. He often thinks things are too too too expensive and I was shocked that he didn't balk at these being like 50 bucks each. He had me try out both styles of chairs, one was too low. I said something while trying to get out of the chair like "this could be embarrassing at the show" and he said "yeah, at the show..." meaning it was kind of embarrassing right now. So I busted out laughing. 

We looked at all the kitchen gadgets. Kitchen things are near and dear to both of our hearts, I'll be honest. It was rather fun. I'm a huge fan of lodge cast iron things, and he loves pans and sheet trays. We found these cute little silicon things you bake bread in, and if we bake bread this would have been a nice purchase. But we passed.

We found the regulator, a new puzzle (the one we've been working on since the spring is stalled but I'm going to rekindle the effort), tongs (we don't need any but Doug wanted them, so grillmaster 5000 got some new tongs), some replacement plants for my planters that .... well, the petunias didn't make it in. Boo. So I wanted to put something in there and salvage.  And I got a soft-sided food carrier for Maine. We will need more, but the venue has size restrictions so I think each of us will be packing some food to the festival. We just had a ton of fun shopping around for the things. It was really nice. 

Next, Target. Our local Target was recently remodeled and reorganized, and everything is super confusing. We got a handheld dirt devil so I can vacuum the stairs to the basement. They're gross and our vacuum is too big. In the pharmacy area, we hunted and hunted for the little brushes for Doug's electric toothbrush, but they don't have them there anymore that we can tell. 

Literally Doug: "They're not carrying toothbrush head replacements anymore but hey, an ENTIRE aisle of lube and personal pleasure massage devices!"

It was time consuming to find all the stuff we need, but we got just about everything we needed. Including a new coffee maker. 

We got home and chillaxed. Doug went to put the propane tank on the grill and found the new regulator didn't work either ... and realized it was the tank, not the regulator. 

He returned the tank, and hooked it up with our old regulator and it was perfect. He went back to the hardware store to return the regulator we just bought. 

Literally laughing his ass off because that was the only thing we really needed to buy today. Ha. Everything else was just extra. 

I then played Farmer Chris for a while before the rain came. I cut back all the giant leaves from the morning glories and revealed the mailbox so my poor mail carrier can find it. I pulled out the dying petunias from the pots and put them in wee pots that I can monitor, and put in the impatients that we bought to replace them. I weeded a little, and then when the rain decided it was going to be more serious than spritzing, I went inside to shower. 

Doug started a nice pork loin on the grill while I was doing garden junk, and we had that on fajita wraps with salsa, cheese, sour cream. Delicious. And so happy to have the grill doing its magic again. 

anyway. It was a good good day. here's some pictures! Digits after the snaps.


Before and after to reveal the mailbox so our letter carrier can find it.


Hi, i do not know my name.

Digits

exercise: "Dedicated 10" +5 15 min total registered on the Fitbit.
Walked a  TON in target because they rearranged and everything is confusing. Gardening. Weeds. Cut back all the morning glory leaves at the gate around the mailbox. Replanted some planter items.

Farmer Chris did a good job today. 

Blood Glucose

8:30am: 171
8pm: 155
10:30pm 167

Food:
Coffee
Water
small container of kielbasa, zuke, onion leftovers
pork loin on carb friendly wraps with shredded cheese, sour cream
2 bowls of Zen Party trail mix
2 hard seltzers
3 vodka tonics with lime

No comments:

Post a Comment