Friday, July 29, 2022

The Late July

 I have a bunch of pictures that I didn't upload from our trip. I took this one on a little footbridge over the C&O canal in Hancock after we ate dinner. 

Doug wanted to take a little walk, and while it was lovely it was indeed a little walk. If we had more time it would have been nice to just take a stroll west down the C&O to the boat ramp and day use area and see the Potomac from there. A different view of a familiar river. 

Doug's mom kept saying that "summer is over" this time of year, and both of us were thinking oh hell no. Not until the end of September. And now that we live in Maryland summer lasts a lot longer than up north of Pittsburgh. The warm weather lingers, but in both places, the light leaves faster. 

Catching this light made me realize how precious late July is. It isn't end of summer yet for sure, but you start to feel it right about now. 

For as heavy hot and humid the air is this time of year, having a night where it was crisp and warm but cooling off was a delight. Today here at my house it is brutally humid, not hot, but the air is just heavy as a wet wool blanket. It wears you down. We're supposed to have a huge line of storms come through over the course of today into tonight and tomorrow should be relatively wonderful. 

Farmers' Market day!  Maybe.

Oh I meant to share these snaps that I took at the car repair shop. I've never been in a nicer waiting room. Little birds chirping, an mp3 jukebox, car grill in the counter, clean, friendly, amazing. Loved the space. Thought others would like it too. 

Digits after pictures.




Digits
exercise: Dedicated 10 + 12, inside. Was going to keep going but my sister called!

Blood glucose 
9am: 171
5:30pm: 134
10pm: 191 (was eating nuts as late as 9 so, I expected to see this high)

Food
Coffee
Water
2 pieces of 647 bread toasted with peanut butter
grilled chicken thighs & southwest salad and tomatoes
trail mix & nuts

No comments:

Post a Comment