Sunday, July 31, 2022

August Upon Us

Hard to believe this is the end of July. What a month. I let this weekend burn, and I'm okay with that because I feel like I did All The Things last weekend and part of last week. Sometimes you need a bye week. 

By next weekend though, if I don't have a haircut and pedicure, I'll regret my life. I can't wait to go see Guster with all my friends up in Maine. Living for it! 

The only things left to do are the pedicure and haircut, figure out how I am getting home on our last days there (Amtrak from New London? Flight from Providence?), buy snacks for the car trip up, and pack.  

I volunteered to see if we can hang out anywhere on Thursday night as people start to arrive in Portland, and/or, Friday before the show in town at the State Theater. Got some phone calls and inquiries to make. I have a list of possible locations. We have such a varied/mixed crowd of people that it could be a challenge. Oh, this person doesn't drink beer (cough cough my sister) and I pick a brewery that doesn't have a full license? Okay. oh, you're vegan? And ... well. The menu is all BBQ. hmmm. sorry. 

I know I am going to pick the wrong place. For someone. But I did have such great success with the DC meetup and the Red Rocks meetup that I'm hoping the right place comes into view. So I'm hoping the folks who don't feel it is the right place at least come and hang for a bit. It's nice to meet the fellow fans.

I'm sure NO one is reading this from Portland Maine, but, if you have suggestions hit ya girl up. 

I was going to buy these cool beaded lobster mardi gras style necklaces, but the place I was buying them from has had them on back order forever. It's hard to buy 300 necklaces that do not exist. Feh. At least one of the other attendees made buttons. Hopefully people will be happy with a little somethin' somethin' from the fan group. I really wanted to be the fun fan friend who brings some swag but, no dice. 

As mentioned, this weekend has been mostly a do-nothing weekend. Little things got done, but nothing spectacular. 

I slept until 10am today, and Doug taking a nap right now. The most exciting thing we did was unclog the shower drain, woo hoo! You wish you were us! 

Then I pulled both of our buckets out of the shed because I needed one to hold bleach and water. But Doug told me one had a leak in it, and he couldn't remember which one. 

Helpful. So I figured out which one, and labeled it like you should. It's the white bucket, and now has a great big green sharpie message on it. That can be kept in the shed for things like weeding. The other one can be kept in the house for things like mopping, or, doin' what it is doin' right now - soaking the shower mat in the aforementioned bleach and water. 

Unlogged drain, means clean tub, which includes sparkly clean shower mat. Mandatory. Maybe I'll even put the bath rug in the laundry with Geoff's and soak them. I'm out of control! 

I watered all the house plants except the one spider plant in the basement. I should go take care of that. It's my overlooked baby. It's a monster - producing hundreds of wee babies that I want to give to someone.

Speaking of plants, I noticed while briefly outside out on our neglected patio we have some rogue morning glory vines that climbed one of the chairs! It has been creeping into the potted flowers I have and choking them. So I have to constantly go out there (well, not CONSTANTLY! ....) and cut or pull it back. It isn't producing any flowers, and I'm not sure where it is coming from. It is a little garden mystery, I guess.

A bunch of our tomato plants got fried in the heat while we were away even though Geoff watered them. He said he could see it happening, and didn't quite know how to stop it. Cherry tomatoes are still growing and ripening on them, so it's not a lost cause. Just not as pretty as last year. 

Farmer Chris weeps for her babies.

It's pouring right now, which may be foiling my dinner plans unless I want to grill in a raincoat. Or if it stops soon. Because Doug is napping, I was hoping the dog would stay in there with him and maybe, just maybe, I'd actually go outside and take a walk like a normal person instead of walking laps in my house like a weirdo recluse shut-in. Thanks, rain. Thanks, Weather dot com who said it wouldn't start raining here until later tonight.

Well. Guess I should get things going with my where are we hanging out mission before I get distracted. 

Wish ya girl luck! 

No picture today - i ended up getting a migraine at about 8 and took meds and wiped out. Feh!




digits

exercise: Migraine hit right around the time I was going to go downstairs and walk.

blood glucose:
10am 153
5pm: 114
11pm: 151

food:
coffee
water
iced coffee
several sticks of celery with peanut butter
sausages, onions, zukes on the grill
bowl of mixed nuts & dried cranberries


No comments:

Post a Comment