Wednesday, August 02, 2023

Boops

Realizing I let things go too long, and kind of got derailed for a week or two, for weeks I had planned on finding a shop in our area to get undergarments for my "prom" dress. I really don't own anything that I can wear under it, aside from nothing. And I'm not wearing nothing. 

What I also should have done is have it altered/tailored to fit better, but, we leave a week from today. In fact, in one week from now, I'm in a hotel probably in NY state or Connecticut, depending on how far we get. Finding it all hard to believe since I've been waiting for this for so long.

I thought about a corset just to flatten the belly and boost the boobs. I found a place nearby and gave them a call today to see about a visit. I messaged Sara to see if she wanted to join me. She decided her dress in and of itself has excellent support, so she's going to buy these pasties that cover her nipples, just in case of, you know. A wardrobe malfunction. 

I am going to see if I can tear myself away tomorrow for a bit, and go to the shop. When I texted Sara to invite her, my phone autocorrected it to boops

Boops, y'all. BOOPS. 

Seriously. I need my phone to protect me from typing a bad word like boobs?

Just like with other autocorrect words, "It's Never DUCK." 

I had several different posts organized in my head for today. Aside from getting ready to go get some undergarments, not a lot is going on.

Phineas is on gabapentin now, and last night he slept almost the whole way through the night. I woke up to pee more than he did. He woke up at 4am, went out and came right back to bed. Then he woke up when he heard Doug get up. 

My life is beads, beads, and more beads. I did a massive sort and organization today. I sat out at the back patio, the weather was delightful, and just organized the letters that were all grouped together because the bead people are monsters. 

I made 5 more bracelets tonight and may make a couple more before bed. Some of them are too small, others are too big. I need to find the magic amount of beads. 

My goal is to trim the excess string off tomorrow and put a bead of epoxy on each of the knots. And I have a carabiner to put them all on. It's kind of bittersweet. I'd seen some photos of a Taylor Swift fan with a huge carabiner loaded up with bracelets, and thought that's pretty badass. So I had told Doug about it. 

When he was looking for a hammer and nails in my parents' shed a couple weeks ago, he found a giant carabiner. 

Why did my dad have a giant carabiner? Heaven only knows. But Doug handed it to me and we both smiled. A gift from Bart. Thanks Dad. Wish I knew how you knew. Can't wait to see this monster full of bracelets. Actually, the amount of bracelets I've made is probably not going to look that impressive on here. Better get cracking!

Digits below

digits

exercise: 11/12 hours of 250 steps. Somehow missed 10am? Not sure what I did wrong. I thought i was on top of it!

blood glucose:

8:15am: 193
5pm: 166
10pm: 146

food:

coffee, water
8:30am: protein shake
11am: BLT salad w/ mayo; metformin
2:30pm: apple+peanut butter
7pm: 2 country style pork ribs, small serving of mashed red bliss potatoes (I would have made potato salad but ran short on time for prep). Metformin+Jardiance
8:30pm: mixed nuts
white wine

No comments:

Post a Comment