Sunday, August 27, 2023

Second Breakfast

(Saturday's Entry, posted late)
I woke up at 7:30 this morning when Phin came to get me to let him out. The coffeemaker was running, but Doug was asleep in the guest room. 

We have a sign on the dog food container that says the dog has been fed, and it was face up, but I thought that was a left-over from last night and no one flipped over the sign. 

The dog's dish was empty, so I let him out, fed him, let him back in. He ran right to the dish so I thought okay, he's ready for brekkie. 

I thought maybe Geoff had come up early and started the coffee for us all, and went back downstairs. I went back to bed. Too early to be up. 

Turns out no, Doug woke up at about 6, fed the dog, started the coffee and went back to bed. Note. Fed the dog. Oops.

"This is your lucky day, little dog!" he said after we discovered my mistake. He got ripped off for brekkie yesterday so, I guess we made it up to him.

He spent the day yesterday at the vet getting his Cushing's test, and wasn't allowed any food after midnight (he may have gotten a cookie for going out to pee at 5am but shush you don't know that). We're supposed to increase his gabapentin (didn't do it today because he was already sleeping). We'll have the results sometime in the week. 

Today was a do nothing day. I slept through the 9am steps, I missed 1pm because I was playing a game on my phone. I kind of need to take a short walk just to keep my pokemon streak going but I do not feel like it. 

I spent the better part of the day texting back and forth with C and also with Jess, who did a super solid thing today for C that made my heart sing.

I started playing all the games on my phone that I had stopped playing for weeks and weeks, I basically only played one game (cats & soup) and I've hit a point where I'm not accruing enough points to make things move fast enough so it is boring. 

It was also so hot today. This past week was really nice and I thought wow, we've turned a nice corner here. But no. Summer came back with a vengeance. 

digits below, no picture today.






digits

exercise: 10/12 hours of 250 steps. slept through 9, missed 1pm by a couple steps.

blood glucose:

10:30am: 195
5:30pm: 154
10pm: 187

food:

coffee, water
1pm metformin
3pm: large piece of celery, w/peanut butter
6:45pm: 1/2 sub roll w/ cheesesteak (mushroom, onion, american cheese)
truly seltzer
8pm: 4 oreo cookies
10pm: 2 baby bell cheeses





No comments:

Post a Comment