Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Everything Everywhere All The Time In My Life and In My FACE

I didn't want to crib the title of a certain very famous movie, lest folks find this post and think I'm writing about it.  

This has been a busy week, and it is only Tuesday. Here are some highlights:

  • My 2 favorite small humans had good first days after all yesterday and I thought I should share that.
  • We did a code push yesterday that broke all the client sites, that was awesome.
  • There's a hurricane coming. All the Florida clients are scrambling to publish content, friends are either moving to areas where the forecast is not grim, or they are hunkering down, baking cookies, prepping their freezers, filling things with ice to last a couple days, making sure there is propane in the grill so the kids can eat hot dogs or whatever. Oh, and making sure they have a lot of beer. They'll still drink it warm. 
  • No word yet from the Vet on Phineas' all day marathon of testings Friday. Hope to hear something soon. 
  • I have one friend going through the literal nightmare of shit that you don't want to go through with your spouse, ever. So my heart hurts for them. 
  • Still trying to pick a date for Dad's interment. 
  • Geoff had a really really good job interview and I think after the holiday weekend, he gets to go in for an in person interview and a ride along with the phlebotomy team. I have thoughts/feelings on this. I'll hold onto them.
  • Made the mistake of telling a client I could possibly meet with them at 4:15pm today, or 10:30am tomorrow, and dagnabbit if they didn't take me up on 4:15 today. Why'd I even suggest it. We didn't finish talking until 6. And now I have a laundry list of things to do for them. 
  • I found myself alone, and made dinner. If I wasn't going to make it, who would? honestly.
  • Good thing I made dinner, I was hungry.
  • Just had a nice hour long chat with Linda to talk about the things we still need to do and plans we still need to get into place. 
  • I'm ready for bed. 

Hope all your days are going alright. 
Here's a picture of Phineas trying to get comfy on the couch and failing. Digits below.

digits

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps. 

blood glucose:

8:30am: 165
5:45pm: 152
9:45pm: 208

food:

coffee, water
11:45am: peanut butter sandwich on 647 white bread; metformin
4pm: apple+peanut butter
6:30pm: 2 fajitas, grilled chicken, peppers & onions, shredded cheddar, bean dip, sour cream, on low carb fajita wraps
8pm: metformin+jardiance
white wine

No comments:

Post a Comment