Wednesday, August 09, 2023

Fuck the Bows!

2pm
Once upon a time, my sister, Jess, Molly, and Ginger were making centerpieces for mom and dad's 50th anniversary. They were trying to do something with bows and things just were not going well. 

Eventually, the famous saying was intoned by my sister. "Fuck the Bows!"
FUCK THE BOWS! indeed. 

I may be entering my Fuck the Bows phase of crafting for this event. 

  • I've yet to glue the nautical nonsense to my fishing nets. 
  • I didn't make my headpiece. 
  • I am probably not finishing lobsters. Maybe next year. Who knows. Maybe Linda, Ginger, and I can have a marathon lobstering tomorrow night. I'm packing things even if I'm not getting to them. 
  • I need to remember to pack the right clothing for everything but prom night on Friday.
  • I never did go get undergarments for my "boops." 

Speaking of packing, I still kind of need to pack. Like regular clothing. I've never taken two bags on a trip. I have a bag that may be good for carry on I hope it isn't too big. Gah.

I need to be far more intentional and organized than I usually am when I travel by car. You can say "Oh I need these shoes but my bag is full." Chuck the shoes in the car. "Oh here's a canvas bag of snacks." NO snacks. Water bottle? Yeah bring it. chuck it in the car. Chuck this in the back, chuck these things together in a plastic bag. Whatever. 

Now I feel like if I forget something, I'm doomed. But they have stores in Maine, right? 

Also, am I weird that when I travel I like to leave behind a clean house? Well, cleaner than my house is right now. So I just cleaned 80% of the bathroom. I did the sink, the tub, all around the toilet, took out the trash, put the bath mat in the wash. 

If, for some reason, people need to enter my home and I am not here I don't want them gasping. I don't want my bathroom to look like my mom's bathroom. A bathroom I cleaned for 3 hours that still isn't finished. I want them to say "Well she lived a busy life but the kitchen counter isn't disgusting."

Getting through the workday is important.
Watering the plants is important.
Making sure I bring clothes that I can scrub bathtubs and sinks in and not my dressy blouses is important.
Enough underpants is important. 
Breathing is important. 
You know. The basics. 

Needing a picture for this post, Here is Doug being a weirdo the other night with some wax from a gouda wedge. This guy. I tell ya. I'll miss him this week. 

10:45pm
At the hotel. Got all my shit organized, packed, in bags, out the door. Lots of traffic to the airport. Geoff got me there in plenty of time even with the traffic. I got my bag checked and somehow even though I had nothing in my pockets I set off alarms going through TSA. They had to do a complete pat down on me. They showed me the sensor that showed my CROTCH was bright orange. 

The girl asked me if there was anything I needed to tell her. 

Part of me wanted to make a joke like I'm fuckin' hot for the airport but. I know better. I said that I had nothing there, and nothing to hide. She asked permission to do a pat down, and if I wanted a private area. 

"No you do what you have to do, I'm not packing anything. Do I need to drop trou because if I do then yeah, a private room instead of here would be good." 

Full pat down, apologies about where she had to touch me. I'm sure she was thrilled about having to do it, and to be honest it wasn't invasive. 

The girl behind me had the same thing. I wonder if there is something weird with the machine? 

I sat at Obrycki's, the service was slow but friendly, and the food not so good. I remembered that Doug and I ate there once a long time ago and it was more meh than yay. I was filled of regret but I was far far away from the brewery foodrinkery all the way down the different concourse. 

I grabbed a prosciutto and mozzarella snack from a little shop nearby, it was good to get my steps in.

The flight from Baltimore to Long Island is about an hour. You're up in the air and then back down in no time. Linda and Ronnie picked me up and we got me checked in and I'm ready to fall asleep as it is. A little snack, some protein, a glass of wine, and we get to start our trek north after getting Ginger from the airport. 

Digits below, and goodnight to all. 

digits

exercise: 12/12 hours of 250 steps. Got a couple dedicated 10s at the airports.

blood glucose:

8:45am: 183
5pm: 198
10:45pm: 192

food:

coffee, water
10:30: BLT salad w/can of tuna
11:30: metformin
3pm: pb (sandwich on 647 bread)
5pm: protein shake
6:45pm: 4 small crab balls, more breading than crab. 2 glasses of wine
7:45pm:metformin+jardiance; airport snack prosciutto+mozzarella
8:30pm: airport snack mix, mostly carbs
10:30pm: salami+mozz snacks, glass of wine

No comments:

Post a Comment