Monday, August 21, 2023

Back to the Grind

I wanted to sleep in this morning so badly. I hit snooze a few times but realized I really needed to pee. So that's what got me up officially. It was slow in getting started, I had a lot of email to read, and found out 2 long term colleagues (19 years and 30 years!) had decided to leave our organization. Stunning news. Really surprising. It was an exceptionally busy day, and I had a meeting for a thing that somehow I'm involved with but I have no idea what I'm doing. How do I get involved in things that make no sense to me. 

Today I couldn't stand my bangs so I just cut them after work. Straight across, no remorse. We'll see how it looks tomorrow but I already am relieved and regretting. I really should have been patient and 

I've been looking forward at the schedule, and I have Guster in Pittsburgh on (I think) September 19th and Amythyst Kiah in Annapolis, on September 27th. Guster announced Thanksgiving in NYC at the Beacon but I'm not going to go.  I need bi-weekly Guster or something concerts in my life, I think. 

Today I did a little Farmer Chris things, I need to trim back the morning glories around the mailbox, but the sunflowers are poppin' as evidenced below. 

Getting back in the swing of work is going to be hard for me. My mind and heart are elsewhere. And I really am not even remotely interested in any or all of this. 

Meh. 

Digits? Below.

digits

exercise: 11/12 hours of 250 steps. missed noon because of work.

blood glucose:

9am: 174
4:45pm: 144 
9:30pm: 177

food:

coffee, water, iced coffee
11:45am: roast beef sandwich w/2 slices of american cheese, mayo, on 647 italian bread
4:45pm: ramekin of trail mix+cashews
6pm: small bowl of pasta w/ ground sausage+peppers
gin&tonics
9:30: more trail mix

No comments:

Post a Comment