Sunday, December 31, 2023

123123 - Happy New Year

If you're a long time reader of this blog, you know I don't make new years resolutions. If I set myself up for failure, and I will fail, it's overall disappointing and I don't like being disappointed in myself. So I basically say I'll just keep attempting to be awesome? Or maybe more awesome without a measurable percentage of success. 

When we used to do our goals and objectives at work, my former manager wanted us to have measurables against what we were saying. This year I did X amount of things so I'd like to achieve X plus 10%. I absolutely hated that. What if not enough things come your way that you can hit that plus 10% mark? So every year we'd kind of argue about these benchmarks based on numbers. 

But that's not fun. Don't make your goals about numbers, maybe make them about feelings, and tiny victories. 

I will say that even though I'm not interested in measuring against numbers, I do want to lose those last 7-ish pounds (some days it is 5 pounds, some it is 10, depending on that weight of the day). But breaking 200 and hitting 199 will bring me to a "measurable" goal from 2020 before the pandemic. I would like to up the walking totals. Those are measurable. I want to be more present for friends, either for fun or when they're "going through it," 

The only big news is Doug bought a bunch of toys for Toffee, she's got a bag of 6 balls wrapped in rope like monkeys fists, some sort of "indestructible" plastic turtle that squeaks, but I'm literally not strong enough to squeeze it hard enough to squeak it. She can, though. She's squeezing the heck out of it and it is singing the song of its people. Some ropes, a chewy "bacon" flavored super chew toy. And then next week there are several more things coming. 

It is so weird to have a dog that loves toys this much. I'll see if I can get a picture of her enjoying her bounty. I think she's already destroyed the turtle, from what it sounds like from across the room. 

Anyway. No matter what 2023 did to you, ignore the fact it is turning 2024 and just go get every day going forward. Do your best.  

And if you try and take a nap, when you're supposed to be doing work, may Toffee find you and keep you from wasting your time. 

Digits below. 


digits 

exercise12/12 hours of 250 steps.   Dedicated 10+16, took a walk even though my toe is killing me. 2k before noon; 5k before 3. 8300+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

9:45am: 190
5pm: 210
11:45pm: 190

food:
coffee, water
10am: 2 chocolate chip cookies
1:30pm: metformin, pretzels+sour cream onion dip
2:45pm: apple w/peanut butter
wine+ginger ale
7pm: burrito, ground beef, shedded cheddar, sour cream. Wine, Mead, and very fancy barrel aged saison beer. 
10pm: port wine cheese + pretzel crackers

No comments:

Post a Comment