Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Back on my bullshit, part 2

Last year at this time I was in the midst of enjoying 2 weeks of no Doug and Geoff in the house, as you may recall. They were on their Boys' Trip and I was cleaning, decorating, and baking cookies. 

This year, I've done none of those things. Doug and Geoff are always here, well, Doug is mostly. Geoff is at work and he leaves to walk down the mile and a half to the hospital at noon daily. Good for him. If he wore a fitbit... And I feel like they are perpetually in my way.

Anyway, I'm delayed in my production line of cookies this year, and Sara and Henry want to come over and decorate cookies with me. Last year, if you recall, we had two nights solid of us decorating cookies, and those were good fun times, filled with immense joy. 

I'm not feeling up to it really this year not because of any "real" reasons other than malaise. I am full of "meh" and just want to lay on the couch, cuddle the beast, play with my phone. 

But I'm going to rally. And started with step one. Organizing the m&ms. You gotta have red ones and yellow ones separated out. Red for Rudolph's nose, remembering straight from last year when Henry yelled "If his nose wasn't red he wouldn't have PURPOSE!" Still kills me. And yellow for stars on trees.

I only got as far as organizing m&ms and having ideas and aspirations. Tomorrow is a new day. I feel like I'll mix dough and start rolling in between meetings and work things. 

Time to make the cookies.

Digits, below. 



digits 

exercise12/12 hours of 250 steps.   no dedicated 10. 5500+steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

8:30am: 177
5pm: 165
10pm: 241

food:

coffee, water, hot tea
9:45am: 2 slices of mike's sourdough, toasted w/butter
noon: tiny container of left over tuna casserole, metformin
6pm: chili, with fritos, cheese, and sour cream. Metformin+jardiance
through the evening: tempted by handfuls of m&ms, 3 beers

No comments:

Post a Comment