Thursday, December 21, 2023

Now it's really Thursday

We hit the ground running this morning. One of my colleagues slacked me before 8am to ask for help with an emergency call. I thought I was the one on call but lo and behold, not until next week. Whew! I thought I'd done something to my phone like disabled all the audio and made it so no calls can come in. But he was on call and needed me, and we worked the problem and yay. Problem solved. 

I tried to rest a bit longer, and Toffee had other plans for the back of my head, my ear, my blanket. So I got up and it was full blown playtime off the charts. That woke up Geoff. Doug was already up and working but heard her running around like a complete tornado. 

Within an hour she was out cold. 

I made chicken stock. Forgot to put the onions and celery in, so they got added in after the chicken was sifted out. Thought about adding another whole roasted chicken breast but didn't want to cook it. I oversalted the stock, but it was still tasty, and found a box of chicken and a box of beef stock in the fridge so I added it to thin it out and make it tasty for tomorrow or whenever.

All this before noon.


I didn't take time off, and I'm happy for that. My colleagues can have time off, and I'm here answering tickets. I'll be taking time tomorrow to bake cookies and begin being festive. It's time. 

It's Thursday after all.

Be sure to think lovingly on my sister Linda as today's her birthday. Our solstice gift she is. On the longest night of the year, she comes to remind us that it's only going to get brighter and more lovely from here. 

Happy Birthday Linda! 

And here's a picture I just grabbed because I didn't have one specifically for today, but I set the wee tree up and put the angels under it, and have more lights to put up and cleaning to do, and that'll all happen tomorrow. In time for Christmas. 

Alright. 

Digits below. 


 





digits 

exercise12/12 hours of 250 steps. no dedicated 10. 5200+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

8:30am: 159
5:30pm: 177
10pm: 189

food:

coffee, water, hot tea
10am: Bagel with cream cheese
10:30: Metformin
2:30: Apple w/peanut butter
3pm: handful of m&ms while walking past the bowl
6pm: chicken soup w/ crusty toasted garlic bread; metformin+jardiance
wine+diet ginger ale

No comments:

Post a Comment