Monday, December 04, 2023

Tato Tot

Our new doggo did well through the night. She fell asleep on the couch around 9, I went to bed at 9:30. I was pretty wiped out. Doug took her outside after the football game was over, and she came right to the bedroom. I had put one of the old dog beds on the floor in the bedroom and she knew just what to do. And commenced to snoring. 

At 3am I woke up to pee and she came out of the bedroom too. She headed to the front door, so I popped on slippers, and went out with. It was cold, and she went out and did her thing, and came right back. We both went back to bed but she needed some pats and assurances and settled down again until 6. 

As mentioned, Doug isn't feeling our dog's name, and she does not respond to it. She responds to whistles, kisses, and clicky noises you make with your mouth. But not names.

Last night I called her a potato. And this morning I was laughing while looking at her in the kitchen, and told Doug that we really should name her Potato. He seemed to ponder it. I said something about Tater Tots. And he thought that was funny. We could be on to something. 

She really loves toys, and it is easy to redirect her with toys when she needs it. She took a sponge out of the bathtub, and I gave her a chew rope, and yoinked the sponge away without incident. She likes to play hard, and was going at Geoff this afternoon, and it made him nervous because of how big and strong she is. I got her off the couch, over to her dog bed, made her sit, and stay, and gave her a toy. Then I took it from her, gave Geoff the same toy and they had lots of fun, throwing it and playing with it. 

We took a nice walk at about 2pm today. I was between meetings and Doug was waiting for some data to compile for a report. She does good on the leash but we have to tighten up her harness so she can feel it better. We brought lots of treats. We were pleased with her doings. She needs some time to learn to heel, but overall, it was a nice walk!

In her foster home, she had a cat and another dog, so she's used to a certain level of play. We're going to need some dogfriends. 

She got very upset when Doug left to go to the market. Her former foster mom said she didn't have any separation anxiety but, I think she does. Either that or boy did she get attached to us fast. 

Here are a couple pictures of her from last night and today. I think for a little while this is going to be a dog blog. 

Oh, and R.I.P. Mr. Bill. That was a Phineas toy, and he didn't like toys so, I got it out for her and it didn't last long. Sorry dude.

Digits below.




digits 

exercise12/12 hours of 250 steps.  Lunchtime walkies (about 20 min) with doggo. 7400+ steps at publish

blood glucose:

8am: 215
4;45pm: 140
9:30pm: 176 

food:

coffee, water
10am: 647 bread toasted w/chunky peanut butter
noon: Metformin
12:30: some sort of bbq spicy meat from Aldi over a scoop of mashed potatoes
7pm: Metformin+jardiance; salmon and caesar salad
vodka tonic


No comments:

Post a Comment