Friday, December 29, 2023

In the land of more cookies

Sara and Hen came by to pick up cookies today. 

They took a little less than half, some custom to their team with a W on the shirts or hidden in the stars with scratching. And some just because. Hen doesn't like sprinkles so those all got left here, but he does love m&ms so he got a bunch. Sara forgot a plate and I am out of gallon sized ziploc bags so I found a cute christmas gift bag for them to take and crammed about 14-18 i lost track of cookies inside. 

After they left, things were quiet with work so I went ahead and decided to bake more cookies. Like ya do.

This time, your basic bitch cookie baker made toll house. I pulverized the walnuts though. Somehow we have a giant bag of full sized walnuts so, I sat and pulverized 2 cups of walnuts with a smasher hammer, and they're like slightly larger than dust and taste so good mixed in the batter. 

I wanted to make more of the thumbprint cookies, but I'm going to wait for more flour. I could make 12 or so,  but, nah. I want to really make them. Like crazy lots. And get more flavors of Bonnie Maman's preserves like marmalade and apricot. MMMMMMMM. 

When I make Toll house cookies, I use an extra stick of butter, so they are super crispy. They're perfect. I love them. 

It's nice to still have some cut out cookies but I feel like for sure I'm going to make some more. Maybe hearts and snowflakes. And I'll send those out to friends. Because this is a lot of cookies to have at my house when I can't eat them (even if I do). 

Henry deliberately broke this cookie the other night after he decorated it in Tribute to Guster's "This is how it feels to have a broken heart," which then made me sing it, and I made sure he brought it home. 

digits 

exercise12/12 hours of 250 steps.  no dedicated 10 due to rain and working; 6000+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

9:30am: 191
4:30pm: 221
10pm: 205

food:
coffee, water
12:30pm: Metformin
1:15pm: 647 potato bread toast w/pb and low sugar jelly
between 2 and 3: a couple small sugar cookies, handful of m&ms
6:30pm: a tater tot/ham/cheddar casserole of sorts. Red wine; Metformin+Jardiance 

No comments:

Post a Comment