Sunday, December 17, 2023

Play Date!!!

 Last night we went to our friends M&M for dinner. It's been a while since we've seen each other. Doug and Geoff had some time with them at a brewery when I was up in Massachusetts, but I think it was super hot, summer time, when we last got to hang out. Mike had a motorcycle accident Labor Day weekend, and he's making progress. He worked super hard to do the food and cook (and bake!) and I'm sure he's gotta be sore today. Ouch.

Michelle was willing to have Toffee come up and visit, to see how well she'd do with their dog. His name is Watch, and he's 11, and has been an only child for years but he has opportunities when he's with other dogs, so she thought it might be a good visit. And she was willing for us to just try it, and sequester them if need be. 

We got to the house and Doug and I had decided a great FIRST opportunity to meet would be out on a walk. Neutral territory, not inside Watch's house, just out for a walk. I went inside to drop off some of the food I brought, and Geoff brought up the beer. 

Mike smoked chicken wings and made sauce for toss. The dogs came back from the walk, came inside, came upstairs, got treats, and Doug and Michelle both reported it was a good experience. Toffee wanted to play, but Watch kind of snipped at her and barked, and she got the message. They had one snappy exchange in the house because, again, miss thing wanted to play. But she did so well with taking the hint and didn't fight back horribly. 

Dinner was fantastic, and we had a wonderful visit. It's a long ride back home so we got back here just before midnight. And the dog was wiped OUT. 

A very experience, and I'm hoping to find someone more her age/size who may be a willing wrastler and chaser because she could use that. 

Anyway. Today I'm feeling absolutely blah. I'm wondering if I picked up a cold in DC the other night, because I thought my sore throat was for me cheering for Karina but, I now feel a little fevery and my eyes are heavy and stingy. Like the start of a cold. Upping my vitamins and heading to bed at a decent hour. 

Here's a couple pictures of Toffee and her new (only) friend, Watch.



digits 

exercise12/12 hours of 250 steps.   no dedicated 10. approx 4500 steps by bedtime. Pouring rain out. blah.

blood glucose:

9:30am: 143
4pm: 174
9:30pm: 163

food:

coffee, water, hot tea
11am: 2 small slices of homemade sourdough bread w/butter; Metformin
4pm: ramekin mixed nuts
6:30pm: bowl of cheese steak meat/cheese/mushrooms; Metformin+jardiance

No comments:

Post a Comment