Tuesday, September 22, 2026

A bone to pick

Today, I made my lunch and then Doug came down and decided to make tuna. Because I'd already eaten, he just made for himself. In the tuna, there was a bone. A decent sized bone. I've never once seen a bone in tunafish, but there she was. 

It is kind of a ginormous one, did not expect anything this perfectly not-ground up specimen to surface in a can of tuna. The can says "may contain bones," which I had never noticed before. But here we are. 

Doug caught it before he swallowed it which is a relief. When we were in college, we went out to eat at Legal Seafood with Doug's parents. He got a catfish or trout bone stuck in his tonsil. We are in disagreement over the fish itself. Catfish always has bones and they warn you about it. 

He eventually worked it out, but. That was a sight to see I tell you what. 

Not much going on to report today. I found out we may have a really big web security project that my work son and I groaned super hard about. Hopefully we will not get pulled into project managing it. He asked me if my boss had told me about this yet and he had not. So I'm being kept in the dark a little bit and I think there is fighting going on over our heads. 

We just got off the big product launch, we're still fighting bugs. I do not need another project, friends. Not yet. I do love project work more than helpdesk tickets. I love working with my work son. We're an excellent team. 

If it has to happen, let it be us.

As far as steps, I had time between two meetings and didn't want to a run and look all blotchy and weird so I walked on the treadmill instead. Then I did a run while Doug was at the market and I really wanted to get to 20 min, but he came home and did some helping out with dinner like whipping up cornbread. I always appreciate when he does a shopping trip, and when he does the cooking. But I'm always willing to help and didn't want to be selfish and keep running if he needed a hand.

Geoff was working today and with this job they travel around the region going to stores and doing inventory. This was the furthest away of a trip they've had, 2 hours west. 4 hours in a vehicle round trip. He gets paid for that time, which is good. 

He worked for the same company in New Hampshire back when we lived up north, and they used to actually do a big crew of people. 18 passenger van, and hotels. He'd be gone 5 days at a time, up in Maine, NH, Vermont. One of Jess' best friends also worked for the company and she kept an eye out for him. He was literally the youngest on the crew. I'm forever thankful for S's guidance for him. 

So he didn't get home until almost 7. Doug had just finished cooking and we were eating. He looked so relieved to not have to cook or anything. I told him this is what it feels like when you're working and commuting and it can be exhausting. He agreed. He's working tomorrow too but I didn't ask where. I don't think he has to go that far away. Then, Thursday hotel for his school thing. I think this is week 5.

While I was away they fell back on pizza instead of cooking. I figured they would. 

Anyway, that's about it. Digits below the picture. Quarter for reference/size.

digits

exercise: 12/12 hours. Lots of movement in short spurts. Treadmill walk between meetings, 15 min/.76 mi;  Run while Doug was at the market, 16 min (was shooting for 20 and got bored) 1.21 mi; walk to finish up the steps for the day 8 min/.42 mi. 11k+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose: 

9:15am: 122
4:30pm: 105
10pm: 128

food & meds:

9:15am: jardiance & new meds
1:30pm: 2 low carb fajitas grilled w/cheddar and turkey
2pm: met+glip
3:30pm: new meds
6:45pm: chili by Doug, with 2 cornbread muffins by me
7:30pm: met+glip
red wine

No comments:

Post a Comment