Thursday, September 24, 2026

Cranberry Orange Bread Day

Wednesday was a blur. I did manage to get out for a Toffee walk, It's been a little while since she's had one. It rained a lot over a few days and she was amped. We did a mile loop. She slept the rest of the day and evening. Geoff made a great dinner. I drank red wine after telling myself I wasn't going to have wine. 

Doug started watching a South African crime show called Catch Me A Killer. It takes place in the 90s in South Africa and is based on a real life forensic psychologist and the cases she worked. I like it alright, but wow it is so weird to see so many people smoking. Always with the smoking. Smoking while EATING even. Ugh. Ha.  

This morning (Thursday) I woke up to go to the bathroom at about 3am, hoping to get in there before Geoff who is usually up around then, getting ready for work and hogging up my bathroom. 

He was sitting in the livingroom, charging his phone on my portable charging brick. 

Our power was out, and he was just sitting there with his flashlight on his phone blazing into the livingroom. He is coming down with a cold, and has been honking his schnozz and clearing his throat a lot. I asked him if he was thinking of skipping classes today but he said no, he had his hotel reservation, and can't cancel it. So he needed to go to school. 

But if he doesn't feel better over the weekend he may call out of work Monday. I told him to pick up some Dayquill/Nyquill for himself (we are all out) and gave him a benedryl to take after he got to Virginia, and hope he feels better soon. 

I got some candles out and handed him a flashlight, he didn't know we have a whole flashlight filled drawer in the kitchen. But we do!

He got a shower, and after he got out (I was in the guestroom, playing with my phone) he told me the faucet was leaking and he showed me from where. It is where the faucet comes out of the wall, but only when the shower is running though. Weird, it was not doing it the other day. Boo, hiss. 

Doug said he's going to look at it later, I'm wary of that. He's looking at video on the internet. I would rather just call the plumber. What is it with guys that they always wanna be the fixer. And I've always said plumbing and electrical - he's not good at that. Let's call in the professh.

I may end up showering at Planet Fitness for the next week. Ha. Or, until he concedes that I should call the plumber.

The power came back on at about 4:45am.  Geoff left. I slept until 9. 

I had a series of meetings today, but I felt like squeezing in some baking. During my 90 min. break between, I whipped up cranberry orange nut breads, I have a 4 little wee loaf pan that does not get enough love so that was what I used. 

I made a nice orange glaze to put over the top, and oh man. This is so good. I'm so glad I made it. 

Honestly, I temper how much I eat that I bake, I really wanted to eat two of these little loaves. 

After I finished work, before I ate chili, I hit the treadmill. I was listening to a podcast and I was partway through it, so I ended at 20 minutes. 

Toffee has been extra rambunctious lately, so I ate my dinner and took her for a short walk. We were going to go further but we saw another dog coming down the road and I hate trying to wrestle her to behave... I prefer Doug to be walking her in these situations. She's sometimes stronger than me. 

We still got a nice walk in, and she is happy for it. 

Digits below.


Wednesday digits

exercise: 12/12 hours.  Walk with Toffee, 22 min/1 mile; solo walk, 30 min/1.37 mi; 12k+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose: 

9am: 106
4:15pm: 163
11pm: 105

food & meds:

9am: jardiance & new meds
11:30am: cinnamon raisin bagel w/pb
1:15: last 2 slices of sourdough toasted w/butter (had to use them, i'm the only one who eats the heels of bread) met+glip
3pm: new meds
6:30: large bowl of pasta and chicken fra diavlo by Geoff
7pm: met+glip
red wine

Thursday digits

exercise: 12/12 hours.  Treadmill run, 20 min/1.5 mi; toffee walk 15 min/.75 10k+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose: 

9am: 110
4:30pm: 118
10pm: 126

food & meds:

9am: jardiance & new meds
11:30am: last piece of quiche
1pm: met+glip
2:30pm: 2 celery stalks w/pb
3pm: new meds
4:45: nice piece of cranberry orange loaf bread (omg)
6:45pm: small bowl of leftover chili w/fritos & shredded cheddah
7pm: met+glip
white wine




No comments:

Post a Comment