Monday, September 28, 2026

Cough Cough Cough

Geoff brought a cold home with him. It started out with a scratchy throat early last week, became a blow your nose every 10 minutes (loudly), and progressed into full blown barking chest cough. He, for some reason, does not like to take medicine.  I gave him benadryl and claritin-D for the nose thing, and he didn't take it. 

I also gave him Dayquil, and ... he didn't take it. 

He did take Nyquil last night because he had to get a decent night's sleep to go to work today. 

I cringed when I thought of him working, riding in the shuttle bus to the work destination with his colleagues, and sharing the plague with them all. 

Maybe one of them shared the plague with him, so it's no biggie for him to now be in the van with his disease. 

I remember the days of the pandemic when our office closed, but when we reopened and people started coming back in there were signs everywhere saying "If you are sick, even with the mildest of colds, get out of here and go the hell back home!" 

During the pandemic, and after, when we all (mostly all, but not all) were wearing masks, I didn't catch a freaking cold for 2 years. My work wife said the entire time her kid was doing school from home, she didn't catch a cold because her petrie dish of an elementary school student wasn't transporting diseases back and forth. 

And now. We're breathing and coughing on each other with reckless abandon. Thanks everyone. 

Anyway. I seem to be doing better than both Geoff and Doug. I need to stay somewhat better through Saturday when I go see H play in his next rockshow. 

The plumber came at 11am and fixed up the faucet, took out all the contractor cement, adjusted the shower head spout because she came loose, and recaulked the shower door and tub and everything. Big Damn Hero, I say. 

Not much else to report. Doug has a 7am meeting. So I have to be up and out of bed so I don't end up on camera, in my undies, snoring. Not a good look. 

No picture - just digits. 




digits

exercise: 12/12 hours. Treadmill, 30 min/2.16 mi. 10k+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose: 

9am: 106
4pm: 131
10:30pm: 90

food & meds:

9am: jardiance & new meds
12:45pm: grilled havarti cheese, turkey, bacon, and avocado on 2 pieces of sourdough; met+glip 
3:45pm: new meds
6:30pm: bowl of mac & cheese with bacon
7:15pm: met+glip
vodka & diet tonic

No comments:

Post a Comment