Wednesday, September 09, 2026

Bounty of the harvest

A few weeks back, some flippin' woodchuck ate our lettuce in the garden. That sucked, but, hey! They rebounded and the woodchuck didn't come back for a second helping. 

When I got back from Massachusetts, the lettuces were looking good but not ready for picking. Getting back from Pennsylvania yesterday I noticed they'd grown like 2 feet tall. Yikes. Time to harvest! 

We didn't properly frame the tomatoes up, and so they flopped out of the planters and all over the ground. Note for next year - cage them bitches. 

I got a healthy bunch of cherry tomatoes, several nice kinds of other tomatoes. Our "big boy" tomatoes basically got trashed, they split and got buggy. So I pulled them off the plants and gave them to Toffee. That dog loves tomatoes. 

Peppers a'plenty, we've got dozens of poblano, banana, and jalapeƱo. 

And the aforementioned lettuce. 

I washed it all carefully and cut away the leaves that were close to the dirt because those had gone mangy. 

Due to the explosive diarrhea salad situation that the country has been experiencing, your girl has not had decent "raw greens" in a bit. So I'm was looking forward to my own home grown lettuce tonight, and tomorrow. Heck, we'll have a couple more days of it, I'm sure. There's still some out there! 

After the harvest, I came in and finally got my ass in gear to make miss Toffee a vet appointment. She's overdue on her shots, and we've been here just about a full year, so, time to get her back on track. Next, we need to finally pick a dentist. We're all overdue for cleanings. 

Bout time, kids. 

I also just went back and found the entry from when we closed on the house and it made me smile. Still so much to do. And no upstairs bathroom yet. But we'll get there. I know it will come. 

Treadmill and Dog Walk today. And then football season started. I crawled up to bed at 10:15 because ... so sleepy. 

I have pictures but they are on the phone and the phone is over there and I am too lazy to go get it. I'll post tomorrow. 

Digits below! 







digits

exercise: 12/12 hours. treadmill run, 20 min/1.46 mi; walk with miss Toffee after dinner, 15 min/.68 mi. 11k+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose: 

8am: 104
4:30pm: 105
10pm: 173 

food & meds:

8am: Jardiance ; 5 oreo cookies (just to get the container out of the cabinet)
12:30pm: zero carb whole grain wrap, 2 slices of colby jack, roast beef, tomato, mayo; met+glip
6pm: some ritz crackers
7pm: pork loin, salad (from my garden!), pierogis. White wine
8pm: met+glip
9pm: kettle corn while watching football


No comments:

Post a Comment