Since Linz and I are going to 2 shows back to back in a couple weeks, I got us a hotel room for the Fri/Sat night. I also learned a lot about the venue, that you can bring coolers and drinks and stuff in. It sounds a little like Tanglewood up in Massachusetts, and it is our first time here. Probably not our last.
It is actually a state park, I think. And because I can't see to drive at night too well, especially in new/dark places, I'm happy to find they run a shuttle from a metro station not too too far away.
I bought these tickets in the forever ago times. It hardly seems real that the time is coming, now, here we go.
Geoff made his hotel reservation for Thursday night and then found out campus is closing at noon for the holiday weekend.
In theory, he can cancel. But he is opting to stay, and attend the lecture on Zoom (his teacher sent a note to the students that there will be no in person meeting). He doesn't have to check out of the hotel until noon, so he'll hopefully be on the road at a decent time and not suffer in traffic.
I asked him if he didn't just want to cancel and come home Thursday and he said no, he really wanted to go. I'm not gonna argue with him. He can make decisions for hisself. He is grown.
Jess and their good friend Cat are going to a funeral in NJ this weekend. It occurs to me that they may be having fucking shit horrible traffic so I hope they are able to get on the road super duper early Saturday morning. I got them a hotel, Jess thinks I used points but. I used not points.Jess is going as a comfort animal, they didn't know Cat's friend but they love and care for Cat. This person was in Cat's nursing school graduation class, and this is heartbreaking. She had cancer that metastasized to her brain, and at the end, Cat was lucky to have some time on her last lucid day.
I did the treadmill for a mere 15 minutes today, in between some meetings. I did extra steps the other hours, trying to hit 350 instead of 250. Pays off, the shorter run didn't leave me lacking. After dinner I felt super sick. My belly is killing me. I felt fine until pie. I should not have had pie. But, oh pie, you are so lovely.
Hoping this pain goes away and I don't wake up in agony at some horrible wee hour. Cross your fingers. Here's miss Toffee, begging for some mixed nuts during my 5pm meeting. Cute as can be. Digits below.
digits
exercise: 12/12 hours. Treadmill, 15 min/1.12 mi. 10k+ steps by bedtime
blood glucose:
8:45am: 118
4:30pm: 110
10pm: 163
food & meds:
8:45am: jardiance, new meds
9:15am: heel of the multigrain bread, toasted w/butter
2:45pm: bowl of berry yogurt w/homemade granola, met+glip
3:45pm: new meds
4:45pm: ramekin of mixed nuts
6:30pm: small bowl of pasta w/meat sauce
8pm: slice of apple pie, met+glip
no wine/alcohol

No comments:
Post a Comment