Friday, September 11, 2026

Wonderful World Horrible World

Last night, we put on the footballs and then I realized somehow, magically, it was 11pm and bedtime. So I didn't write an actual entry. Just didn't feel like lifting up the laptop and going at it. 

It's Friday and it is actually my favorite day every three weeks where we do a sprint review, where all the dev teams come together to share what they've been working on and what is coming up next. My work son owns the presentation for our publishing tools and I'm always so proud of him for what he presents. 

I slept in this morning, and missed a 9am meeting that I usually have every Friday with a colleague at 9am. Ope. Oops. Doh. She was gracious and still wanted to meet at 9:45, so we had about 15 minutes before sprint review. She lives in Brooklyn and is Jewish, and today is the first night of Rosh Hashanah and it is also 9/11 so she's full of the sad. It's hard to celebrate new year when you are remembering being 9 and your parents scooping you and your sister up from school, and hiding you from the news. 

We did have a really good chat, and she has a little boy who is not quite 2, and what a wonderful world, what a horrible world. Right? 

I hit the treadmill at 5, Geoff got home from his class and his 3 hour commute (ugh) and we just threw together dinner of mac & cheese because no one wanted to go to the market. We'll go to the market tomorrow. 

Around 8:30pm I realized it was all the way dark and it was making me sad. I took Toffee for a walk even though I was already at 10k (just about) and didn't HAVE to get extra steps but I felt like I needed a little bit of a reason to not watch TV and not pay attention to news. Just go out there and be with the dog and enjoy the quiet of the night. 

Tomorrow, we are going to a work outing with Doug's team. Somehow, they all voted for ... bowling? So. We're going bowling. It is over 2 hours from here (oh my god why do we live so far away) and so we have to be up and at them in the morning. 

Please, let there be beer and snacks at the hipster bowling place. 

More to come. I really want more apples for more apple pie or something. We can probably dovetail a farm stand visit somewhere along the way. A week from tonight, my sister will be here. I took a couple days off next week, Thursday for house cleaning and Toffee Doctor, and Friday to get our asses to our hotel and the venue for the concert. 

Honestly, can't wait for next week. 

here's a pic of Toffee after our walk, where she nestled into my legs and then went to great big snoring sleep. Digits, below. (actually, the image is not uploading so I'll futz tomorrow. goodnight!)








Thursday digits

exercise: 12/12 hours. Treadmill run before lunchtime meeting - 20 min/1.45 mi; Toffee Walk after dinner, 20 min/.98 mi; 11k+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose: 

8:45am: 112
4:45pm: 145
11pm: 94 

food & meds:

8:45am: Jardiance 
11am: 2 slices of sourdough everything bread toasted w/butter
1:15pm: english muffin w/pb & the last of the apricot preserves; met+glip
some bowls of kettle corn, god help me
6pm: 3 pecan sandies cookies (just to get the box out of the cabinet)
6:30pm: small bowl of penne pasta w/ meaty meat sauce; white wine


Friday digits

exercise: 12/12 hours. Treadmill run, 30 min/2.12 mi. Toffee walk, 20min/.9 mi; 13k+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose: 

9am: 128
4:30pm: 130
10:30pm: 138 

food & meds:

9am: Jardiance 
11am: 2 frozen breakfast burritos w/extra cheese and salsa on top
4:30pm: giant slice of banana/apple bread (note to self, don't forget to use buttermilk in the future). 
7pm: bowl of mac & cheese w/bacon. White wine; met+glip
8pm-ish: pretzel chips; white wine

No comments:

Post a Comment