Exactly as I thought, today I'm pretty sore. I woke up around 5am and was just super uncomfortable. Toffee was up between our backs, and I couldn't roll over so I went downstairs. She came down after a bit too and I convinced her NOT to be butt up against my ... butt.
Doug came down around 8 something, and she was up and ready to go at it. He was in the bathroom which displeased her so she bothered me enough that I got up, and was about to feed her when Doug came out.
We traded places, I peed, he did feed.
And I was up for the day.
It is football weekend, so Sundays will be tied up for us especially if the 1pm or 4pm games are ones Doug wants to see, and that's exactly what happened today. The Steelers were on at 1.
I went to the treadmill around 1:45, and I planned on a half hour but the podcast episode I was listening to was very good and I stuck with it to the end, and by the time it was over, I was about a quarter mile from 3.1 miles, so I completed that and did a 5k inside.
Must say my average pace of just under a 14 minute mile is decent. At one point I looked at the fitbit and it was in the 12 min mile range, which pleased me greatly. But that last half mile I did slow down a lot... mentally I get to a half hour and my brain says "we're done here." So I have to convince myself to get to 5k.I tried not to even look, until I was at 35 minutes (right when the podcast was ending, so I'd know how much more I had to do).
It was brutally humid today, not so hot that it was intolerable to be outside, and I sure the hell didn't want to end up having to finish off steps tonight with a Toffee walk just to get 2k steps or something. I was happy to just stay in and put in the effort on the treadmill.
Go, me.
This morning I decided to go back on the weight loss meds my doc had prescribed for me. I took a break over the last week plus, what with the thing that happened with the belly and the hospital and the pooping. I noticed that I've put on 7 pounds in one week so. If the meds aren't helping me lose weight as I'd hoped it sure the hell is good that it is keeping me from gaining weight. We'll see how things go this week.
My doctor and I have a check in video appointment this week at some point (I think Wednesday?) so I'll be sure to bring it up with her.
Lin and I did a catch up on the phone, Doug was napping and Geoff was prepping dinner. While Lin and I were talking I was watering the monstera on the porch and I knocked my favorite pint glass off the patio table. It shattered everywhere, and now I'm bummed out. I can get a replacement but this is the third thing I've busted in a week. I broke 2 small plates by knocking them into the sink (thank goodness they fell into the sink) and now this. Clumsyfuck McGee over here, I guess.
Anyway. Not much else happening. Miss Toffee and I had a big snuggle after my run and as she slept I thought about safety and security, and how I'm happy to be someone's sanctuary. Wouldn't trade it for the world.
Digits below.
digits
exercise: 12/12 hours. 5k on the treadmill, 43 min/3.1 mi. 12k+ by bedtime
blood glucose:
8:30am: 154
5pm: 251 (note: 2 beers and a sleeve of ritz crackers at like 4pm so I expected this
10:15pm: 114
food & meds:
8:30am: jardiance & back on the new meds
9am: slab of banana bread (last piece)
2:30pm: met+glip
3:30pm: new meds
4pm: ritz crackers, beers
6:30pm: some steak tips geoff made, mushroom sauce; 2 more beers
8pm: met+glip; english muffin w/pb (still hungry, not a lot for dinner)


No comments:
Post a Comment