Doug was up for his meeting at 6:45 and I made a pot of coffee for him, for us, and crawled into the guest bed. I slept super late, I think I finally woke up at 8:45 and quickly checked my phone to see if anyone was looking for me. Nope. So I went back to sleep until about 9:15.
My brain must have needed it. Also, it's dark out at 6:45! I didn't want to be up. Screw that!
Doug is going tomorrow to pick up our new used car. We'll be a two volvo family for the foreseeable future. This is a sedan (our other one is a hatchback). Both are black. We're cool kids.
I'll be sad to see the mini go. She was a work horse.
He is leaving around 3pm because he has to get a bank check, and I really hope by tomorrow the money he transferred into our account shows up, otherwise... he can't get the dang diddly car.
Banks, man. They piss me off. It doesn't even show as pending in our account. But in his eTrade, it shows transferred.
As Stewie Griffin would say (and my sister will laugh) "Where's my money, Brian?"
He asked if I wanted to go with him, because new car, right? But he didn't give me enough notice on this and I have a meeting at 3pm that I really have to go to, to prioritize bugs and fixes with the product team. I'm kind of key to the process there. If I'm not there, I don't get to say "y'all need to put this at the top of the damn list."
It was a busy day today, with three client meetings. One is a dang diddly mystery that I simply can't figure out, and I'm not sure why it is broken. And one was an absolute joy. And one is a mystery but I see what the problem is, and wrote it up for the developers to fix.
Client meetings are fun and they are all so unique, and the folks I met with are truly lovely. I just should learn better and not stack them all up on each other.
I took to the treadmill around 5. I wanted to go between 2 and 3, but I was busy trying to focus on that mystery I cannot solve and lost track of time. Geoff had gone to the gym after work, and stopped and got a couple things for dinners for tonight and tomorrow, so we had cheesesteaks. I skipped the roll and put my stuff in a bowl, and took a scoop of macaroni salad.
Somehow, I've been noticing that even if I run a full half hour on the treadmill, I'm falling short of 10k steps like 8pm, when I want to be basically done with steps. So I took Toffee for a walk. She was thrilled and she actually was very good tonight. There have been nights recently that I've taken her, and she's seen a CAT! or ... WHAT IS THAT! and she stands frozen at the end of someone's driveway looking at their Halloween decorations.
Tonight, she walked like a champ. She peed a lot, gotta let the world know this is Toffee Town! And I thought about doing a bigger loop but .... meh.
Got to 9500 steps by the time we got home and those last 500 steps just happen organically.
Maybe if I got up at oh, 6:45 am and didn't sleep until 9:15 I could stack steps in and front load the day. Ya think? Maybe.
I've been trying to add 50-100 steps to each hour to help prevent this, instead of the "basic" hourly 250. And I still am not making it up to numbers I like by 7. Makes for sitting on my ass for the last 3 hours of the day a non-thing.
In other news, I booked a hotel for our holiday party in December. Linda and I are looking at the Hartford Guster show and accommodations, and my birthday trip with 2 Guster shows in Brooklyn is gonna happen. Doug usually makes a face when I say "so, can we talk about the next Guster shows I wanna see?" And this time he was game for going to Brooklyn. He doesn't have to GO to the shows, Linda only has 2 tickets per night. So he can goof off in Brooklyn or something and meet us after.
I have to figure out my logistics.
But the holiday party shenanigans, I wasn't planning on going until my work son asked me if I would. So what we're gonna do, is I'm going to drive down, park in the office garage, we both have rooms at the hotel by the office. The next morning, we'll come back here and he can come meet miss Toffee. We can bake and cook, and do all the foodie things we like that we talk about.
Maybe I'll get him to bring this cheese they only have in St. Louis called Provel. Geoff has a cookbook that he picked up somewhere that is all recipes from the St. Louis Beacon, and when he cooks stuff from it, we don't have the magical Provel cheese (we could probably recreate it somehow knowing what cheeses are in it).
But if that magic cheese could make its way to my house, if work son will check a bag instead of just carry on... or heck, maybe he could mail some!
The possibilities.
Anyway. No picture, too busy. Digits below!
digits
exercise: 12/12 hours. Treadmill run 20 min/1.46 mi; Toffee walk, 20 min, .97 10k+ steps by bedtime
blood glucose:
9am: 108
4:15pm: 84
9:30pm: 172
food & meds:
9am: jardiance & new meds
9:30am: oikos triple zero yogurt cup w/ 1/2 cup of granola
2pm: met+glip
2:45pm: handful of trail mix
3:45pm: new meds
6pm: cheesesteak meat w/onions, peppers, mushrooms; some macaroni salad
7:45pm: met+glip
no wine/alcohol
No comments:
Post a Comment