Doug an I went down to Fairfax County for his office outing. I guess a lot of people RSVPed, but only half came.
No worries - we got extra drink tickets as a result. Thank you, no showers!
I honestly think it has been 2 decades or more since I've gone bowling and my body is sore tonight as a result. We had a blast, and Doug's team is super sweet and a lot of fun.
And, blue drinks are the best drinks.
Not 100% sure what the antler theme is here at this bowling alley but, I thought this
looked HILARIOUS!
Please note, right out the gate I broke my pointer fingernail AND my thumbnail.
Good thing I do not pay money for nail maintenance! damn!
Doug Action Shot!
Yinz, we were so very confused by the bowling ball finger holes but ... figured
it out eventually. Two thumb sizes, makes sense!
Relaxed and ready to kick ass, or whatever.
I mean, c'mon man. So good.
Blue drink in action!
Doug's co-worker has a 15 month old, and baby did NOT want to let momma bowl,
so momma did what mommas do. She "rolled" with it. Ha.
After we were done bowling, I suggested to Doug we keep on playing, just us. I mean. We were having fun. He was ready to "roll" again with rolling jokes, so we did
He wanted to visit Leesburg, VA and hit a brewery there, so that happened. We were delighted to see that there were all these women (and men!) walking around town dressed up as Mrs. Roper from Three's Company! Turns out it was a
charity pub crawl fundraiser dealie, and dozens of kaftan-sportin' fun-havers were all over town.
Hilarious. For some reason my pictures won't download so I'll post them tomorrow.
The brewery we went to was great. Big back seating area with a GIANT TV so we watched some college football before it started raining. We ended up back inside and watched Ropers run into the tavern across the street. When we left, we could hear them all laughing and having just the best freaking time. I love this for them and truly hope they raised a ton of money for pediatric cancer.
We visited a used bookstore and had a wonderful time there and it was about time to head home. We took mostly back roads up back into Maryland, and got home to a nice dinner by Geoff.
I called Jess and we had a good yap while I did a good walk (then came in to charge my fitbit and went out again for more walk and yap).
Pretty fun day, I must say!
And, as always, living in the south there are constant reminders of what this country was, and how people once were treated, and this mural "Journey to Freedom" on the side of the Loudoun Museum is a reminder of what people endured for freedom.
When everyone talks about "Freedom 250" as of late, I'm always reminded that yeah, it was freedom for some, and not others for a very long and horrible time.
Digits, below.
digits
exercise: 12/12 hours. Walk and talk on the phone with Jess, 23 min/1,1 mi, plus 18 min/.63 mi (after charging the fitbit for a while
blood glucose:
8:30am: 122
xpm: n/a
10pm: 99
food & meds:
8:30am: Jardiance
at the bowling alley between noon and 2pm: buffalo wings, a couple sliders, 2 blue drinks, one slice of pizza
1pm: met+glip
4:30pm: 2 beers
6:30pm: soupy rice with chicken (the recipe is actually called Soupy Rice, that's not an adjective!) glass of red wine
7pm: met+glip
No comments:
Post a Comment