Sunday, September 06, 2026

Wailing and Gnashing of Teeth

We have volunteered and volunteered to help Doug's mom for years over at the old house. She wants to put it on the market, and later this week, there is a crew coming to clean whatever is left stuff-wise out. Dumpsville. There isn't a lot, but, turns out she has a couple two three good decent pieces of furniture still, and there is stuff in the garage that is still good. 

She has worked on this paper bag by small box for years. She leans on Doug's sister to help and do the work. And every time we are there, she eschews our willingness to help. 

Today, we got to help. 

There was drama, and angst. And she got yelly and Doug and his sister basically kept saying we don't understand what the big deal is here, decide what you want and we have THREE BIG HATCHBACKS! and we will move things. 

She inisted on wiping everything down. WIPE IT ALL DOWN IT HAS TO BE CLEANED! We were all like "we can wipe stuff down once we get in the driveway at your for real house. Let's JUST MOVE THINGS! 

She told Doug he is "pushy." 

She said we were yelling at her, but Doug said "no, we are yelling because you are DEAF and we HAVE to yell because you can't hear us." 

She said her pulse was over 200 at one point (I doubt it but I didn't have a pocket pulse oximeter handy to test her out. 

Eventually, we got a lot of stuff moved out. There are still things over there, and so help me Doug's sister better hopefully salvage them. 

They made a second trip back to the house, just Doug, his sister, and mom. I stayed here with the excuse that I am proofreading a book for a friend (not a lie, but. I could have gone to help). 

We wanted to order pizza, and his mom was all "oh I am not hungry, I am so weary, go ahead and eat without me," drama drama drama... drama... 

We got the pizza and she ate some and brightened up. We had good chats and laughs. It's amazing what a little food can do for ya, it seems. 

I'm going to bed, but they're all out in the garage talking about some chairs that are not needed (we'll take them), and card tables that she wanted and now she does not (we'll take one, Doug's sister will take the other). All told, I'm looking forward to sleeping at this point. 

I took a bunch of pictures, some I won't post but I'll write about that later. They lost a tree in the yard the other day, so I documented that. And I stood by the garden my father in law used to lovingly tend, and I was sad. 

The plan tomorrow, I do believe, is Doug wants to go to the fair in Ohio. It's been a while since we've gone, and tomorrow is the last day. Not sure if we'll bring our nephew or not, but he is welcome to come. Doug's sister too. In fact, last time we went was with them. 

I found a cute little guy that I scooped up and brought home with me. Digits below the cute little guy. 

digits

exercise: 12/12 hours. two walks, one inside the house, 25 min/1.06 mi. outside after dinner 18 min/.84 mi. 11k+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose: 

9am: 158
xpm: n/a
10pm: 168 

food & meds:

9am: Jardiance  
11:30am: last of my fajita stuff (cold and delicious)
1:30pm: turkey & provolone w/mayo on multigrain (very rye forward) sourdough; met+glip
7pm: slice of toast
8:30pm: met+glip; 3 slices of pizza and a bread stick w/sauce
no wine/alcohol

No comments:

Post a Comment