This morning, Doug looked at our faucet in the tub and found it is busted on the inside. Funny how that happens our of nowhere, but okay. Problem diagnosed, problem recognized. And he told me to call the plumber, because there is piping in the wall that probably also needs to be replaced.
And it is one of those things that is just a little bit out of our skill set. Let's leave this to a professional. And hey - while he's at it, please recaulk the tub. When we moved in, it all looked great but after a month or so, it started to get a little moldy and gross... I think the previous tenants did a quick and lazy re-seal, with not the right product, and yeah. It's just gotten worse and I hate it. This is kind of the thing that Doug can do, but ... let's just have it done did.
I called the plumber and explained the situation. He asked "Do you know where the shut off valve is for your supply of water to the tub?"
"It only happens when the shower toggle is pulled up. Doesn't happen if the tub is just running, or if no water is running," I replied.
"Well that's good! we're avoiding an emergency!"
I sent him pictures of the faucet and the pipe coming out of the wall, and he said he'd swing by tomorrow afternoon. "I am putting a deck on my house, and all summer it was so hot so it just stood here unfinished, so today's the day we finish this up. Is that okay?"
Yes, sir. It is perfectly okay. Please take care of your project.
Doug told me if I wanted to, I could take a bath.
Actually, no.
We have no tub plug, there isn't one here. We have this little filter thingie that goes into the hole but it isn't a plug, it is only a filter. He insisted the filter was also a plug "If you push it down hard enough," but he is wrong. He tested it, and conceded I am right. Not a plug. So he ran over to Lowes after work to get one, and we can take baths tomorrow.
I was just having a long chat with my friend Rob, who lives in Southeastern VA. We've been trying to connect for the last year. And even connecting on the phone has been a challenge. He sometimes calls while I'm working, and I am in a meeting or something. Today, free and clear. So we talked for almost an hour. We are trying to figure out a time to get together and a place to meet up. Williamsburg VA has Grand Illumination for 3 Saturdays in December. I know I can't do the 12th, I may have plans on the 5th, and he is out of town on the 19th.
So I may have to figure out my 5th plans, see if they are happening or not happening, and maybe do it then. We shall see.
In the 7 plus years we've lived here, we somehow have not gotten together yet and that's dumb.
Anyway.
I grilled brats and veggies, and then took Toffee for a walk. I went a way I usually don't go, and was going to go further but the headlights on cars coming towards me were blinding, and there is no sidewalk where we were so I cut down to our street and headed home.
All told, a good day. No picture though. Digits below.
digits
exercise: 12/12 hours. Nice Toffee walk, 30 min/1.45 mi. 10k+ steps by bedtime
blood glucose:
9:30am: 116
5pm: 87
11pm: 84
food & meds:
9:30am: jardiance & new meds
10am: piece of cranberry orange bread
1pm: met+glip
2pm: english muffin, toasted w/chive & onion cream cheese and turkey slices
3pm: new meds
6:45pm: 2 bratwursts, grilled veggies; vodka tonic; met+glip
No comments:
Post a Comment