Friday, September 18, 2026

Sing It Out!

This is Thursday's entry written on and published Friday because I was too tired last night. 

Sometimes I like to think I'm good at multi-tasking and other times not so much. Yesterday was a blur of chores, with me starting one thing, moving onto another thing before finishing the first thing, and then oh yeah let's start a third thing. 

I was in the middle of cleaning the bathroom when I decided I needed to go get a pedicure. That sort of thing. Finish the bathroom first, chris, then...

Not how my brain works. 

Lin got to the house a little after 5:30, I immediately poured her a wine because it was a journey and a half. Getting off Long Island is such a challenge but once you make it to 78 it's a pretty straight forward very nice ride. Unless Harrisburg decides to mess with your trip (am I right, Smitty?) 

Lin and I had been joking about doing Karaoke and there's a pub not too far away where that's their Thursday night regular event. Every week. 

We went, put our names in, and enjoyed the folks singing before us. There were a LOT of older men, a few who looked like they were in stroke recovery. I think I had read somewhere long ago that singing is something that people can do in recovery when speaking is a challenge. And they had lovely voices. They picked old school country like Charlie Pride and Merle Haggard. 

Linda picked Judas Priest. 

It was kind of hilarious because it sort of set fire to the crowd and started a mini-metal trend. Another guy did Ace of Spades. 

Your humble narrator did The Weight by The Band, which really needs 3 people singing to handle the refrain (And, And, ANNNNNNDDDD you put the load/put the load right on me). Also, I usually start crying with the Crazy Chester & Jack my Dog part. Softie that I am.

For our second tunes, Linda did Rainbow in the Dark by Dio and I did Somebody Told Me by the Killers. There was a woman sitting in front of me who sang along on both of my songs, so I kind of sang to her and her husband and that was fun. 

I'd go again. 

And Doug. Doug who HATES karaoke, he was such a good sport. We needed him to come because I knew Lin would enjoy wine, and I probably could have driven. I wasn't over served but sometimes you know - seeing in the dark to drive home is a challenge. But I know this route between there and here and it is well lit enough that I could do it. 

It is just always the unfamiliar roads and low lighting that gets me. 

I'll start the Friday entry which may turn into Friday Saturday entry since we've got a concert tonight. Digits below! 

digits

exercise: 12/12 hours. No treadmill/walk. 10k+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose: 

8:30am: 130
xpm: n/a 
11pm: 194

food & meds:

8:30am: jardiance & new meds
1:30pm: English muffin w/pb & blueberry preserves. met+glip
3pm: net meds
7pm: buffalo wings (perfectly fried, or as the waitress called them "hard fried") met+glip
3 beers between 6:30 and 10pm

No comments:

Post a Comment