Sunday, November 13, 2022

A Sunday

I woke up at 7:30.  Ridiculous how I wake up super early on the weekends but can't summon the strength to get to it during the week. I sat out here in the living room playing phone games and drinking coffee. Doug eventually got up around 9:30 which is so weird for him. Usually, I'm the one everyone is waiting on. 

We futzed about the house, folded up the dog kennel, talked about Thanksgiving guests and where to sit people. We've made good progress on the puzzle so we will probably be done with it by the big day. 

He asked me why I'm so hyper focused on getting ready. 

I reminded him my birthday is the 19th, and maybe I want to do something other than prep and clean. Linda is supposed to come on the 20th. Then she and I are in DC for 2 nights at a hotel (oh? You're not just coming back here?.... No honey. this is Sisters Vacation time). 

So I lose the 21st, 22nd, and most of the 23rd too so ... I want as much done before then as can be. 

Jess arrives on the 23rd, so we need a plan for dinner that night when Linz and I get back. And then all the Thanksgivingy things that happen Thursday. 

So yes. I'm kind of hype to get shit done? 

He gets it. 

We did stuff around the house like put the dog kennel away, and he pinched his fingers in the hinges, which ruined his progress. I hung some shit on the wall in the dining room. I did a lot of sweeping around the living room. He took a big nap. No complaints on my part, yesterday it was me taking the big nap. 

He woke up a little before 5pm. We watched the most ridiculous overtime ending to a football game in years, and then he suggested we go out. Oh oooookkkkay?

Early in the day, he said he wanted to go do something but ended up getting cozy and napping. So I thought we were ... undoing things. But there we were driving into Silver Spring to go out, grab some beers, and some Gyros and greek sides for dinner. 

It was a lot of fun but now I have heartburn. meh. I'm ready for bed. He's probably going to be up late with that nap he had... but I'm fading fast!

Pictured, Phineas doesn't like it when Doug goes outside without him. Doug thinks it is hilarious.


digits

exercise: housecleaning; short walk around Silver Spring, nothing measurable.

blood glucose
8am: 160
5pm: 192
9pm: 220 (too close to when I last ate and the medication, so it'll probably drop by 10:30 but i'm going to bed!)

food
coffee, water
11am: leftover chicken soup with 2 dollops of mashed potatoes
noon: metformin
3pm: pb&j on 647 bread
6pm: 2 beers at Astrolab Brewing
7:00pm: Gyro (with pita) greek seasoned green beans; extra gyro meat, big greek salad (the only carbs really was the pita wrap on the Gyro)
7:45pm: metformin+jardiance



No comments:

Post a Comment