Monday, November 07, 2022

Dinner Out

Doug came upstairs at 4:30pm while I was in the middle of a product outage and said "oh, it looks like you're busy and bad things are happening."

Yeah, they were happening. Everything was bad. But. 

I knew he wanted to go out to dinner so I slacked a teammate and asked him to cover for me. He's an hour behind us so he still had 2 hours of work time to live through. He said he had my back and I should go enjoy. I alerted my team that I had to step away but would be back to monitor the helpdesk tickets that I'd answered before 7pm.

Doug wanted sushi, so we went to our favorite little spot. Even though I do not like Sushi. I figured this was about what he wanted for earning his chops with the certification. 

But they are only doing take-away right now (it's been a while since we've been there, I guess). We went to leave and I suggested this other sushi place that we sometimes go to, but he didn't want to go that far north with everyone commuting home in the dark. He suggested a Thai place I like, but they're closed permanently. Oh no. 

Another Thai place near our mechanic was our next destination. Open on a Monday night? Yes. No one in the dining room? Weird but okay. 

We had a fantastic meal, so good. I did a good job not eating all the white rice they put in front of me, and using our salad as a base for my curry, which was delicious. Doug got a crispy stir-fry duck. So good. I brought home leftover curry and shrimp and rice and gave it to geoff for dinner. I fully regretted it because it smelled so good I wanted it. Oh well. 

No exercise or picture again. I'm slacking!





digits

exercise

blood glucose:
8am: 173
5pm: 186
10pm: 177

food:
coffee, water
10:15am: 2 egg omelet with goat cheese, 2 sausage patties
12:30: low sugar pb&j on 647 bread;
5pm: metformin (I forgot to take it at lunch time. oops)
5:30pm: thai food; crispy duck, assorted thai salad stuff with peanuts and pork belly and tofu, panang curry with shrimp, small scoop of rice. 2 Singha beers
10pm: peanut butter celery sticks

No comments:

Post a Comment