Tuesday, November 01, 2022

Are you happy now?

 A favorite tradition around here is to listen to this song: 


There are some live versions out there, but this original studio version from way back in the day is perfect.  The day after halloween, what a song. It's such a story. I love Richard. 

Anyway, today's the day after Halloween here and we don't have streams of paper filling the trees or shaving cream covering the car "that we picked up in Baltimore..." It poured overnight, but today is sunny, cloudy, blue, white, beautiful and the trees are still doing their dance and undressing for us. Today was a stressful work day, thankfully I have some amazing coworkers, and we got through the day with a couple of laughs. Not enough laughs, but a couple. 

I was very happy to be done with today. Geoff has class on Tuesdays so he likes to eat dinner before it starts at 6:30. We had talked about soup, but he forgot a few things at the market the other day (I'll be sending him back) to get the stuff I need for stock. I was thinking of making both chicken stock and French onion soup. I'm a weirdo. 

I was going to say it is soup season but today it was 72 degrees, surprisingly. Which isn't exactly soup season but when you're in the mood. It just sounds good. 

I saw on the news that it is going to be very nice out, so maybe I can convince Doug that we can go somewhere. Maybe.

digits

exercise: Dedicated 10+22, inside while dinner was cooking

blood glucose:
9am: 202
5pm: 166
10pm: 170

food:
coffee, water
10:30am: pbj sammitch, low sugar preserves, 2 pieces of 647 bread, low sugar peanut butter
11am: 3 forkfuls of mac&cheese with ground beef
1pm: leftover stuffing & gravy with several slices of turkey sandwich meat; metformin
6pm: chicken parm
7pm: hostess ding dong, ramekin of mixed nuts (no dried fruits); metformin+jardiance

No comments:

Post a Comment