Saturday, November 19, 2022

This is 56

Slept until 10 this morning as a gift to myself. Doug was up, being quiet. I drank a little coffee and started cleaning. The entire morning I was hoping he'd say "Pack a bag we're going to Pittsburgh. I got you Guster tickets for your birthday."

That's not his style though. And that's okay. I had mentioned (repeatedly) how much I wanted to go but he was in a funk for months, and he didn't jump on that. 

But. I knew also that yes, I'm seeing them Monday and Tuesday, and I have so much to do here before Thanksgiving. 

After a bunch of coffee, I cleaned the shelves, got a lot of small boxes broken down for storage, cleaned the fridge, stripped the beds and washed the sheets. I put the flannel sheets on the guest bed and washed the really heavy blankets for Linda, who is always super cold. And I wanted the extra pillows for Jess for wherever they sleep, probably the couch in the basement. 

Speaking of Jess, they called me today and we talked for an hour about everything and nothing. And laughed our asses off. I love talking to them, and can't wait for the visit. Really looking forward to it. 

At about 5pm, while I was disassembling the refrigerator and taking the plastic holders off the inside of the door and soaking them in hot soapy water, Doug asked if I wanted to go to dinner. I thought it would be nicer to just order delivery, but he wanted to take me out. He asked where I wanted to go, and I honestly could not think of a place to go.

DC and the entire area are so hard to deal with in a spontaneous way. I feel like up in Mass we could just say "let's go HERE" and you can just go. Around here, you need to reserve a space on Open Table and you can't go when you want to go, it's either super early or very late. 

He suggested  the Rock Bottom brewery in Bethesda, so we cleaned up and went over. There is a lot in Bethesda that I didn't know, and we took a nice walk after dinner to check the town out. Noted to ourselves how many really great looking places there are. 

It was a busy day but now I have less to do tomorrow which is nice. The last load of laundry is running, bath mats and shower curtains which Geoff is taking care of for us. Now I have to make the bed for us, and get in it. 


digits:

exercise: dedicated 10+9. mostly 7 minutes around the house working according to the fitbit, then 12 minutes inside. We did take a walk after dinner but it was more of a mosey than a walk. Still. it was nice.

blood glucose:
10am: 208
5pm: 190
10pm: 211

food:
coffee, water
2pm: metformin; pbj sandwich on 647 bread
6pm: buffalo wings; steak, green beans, mashed potatoes, 3 beers, split a hot chocolate brownie w/vanilla ice cream with Doug for my birthday treat.
8pm: Metformin+jardiance

No comments:

Post a Comment