Tuesday, November 08, 2022

Election Day and a Full Moon

Right  off the bat today I knew I'd be busy. I didn't expect someone reporting they'd deleted their whole homepage, another reporting that they let their domain name expired, they went ahead and bought a new one (instead of just paying to renew the old one) and they wanted us to make the new one be their website address so they could do their election coverage. But that's not how it works. Another frantic "I don't know how to do this" email "I tried to use the help documentation and it didn't work" email. 

My colleague said to me "what is going on today with these folks!"

I thought about it for a minute, and noted that several friends had gotten up early to see the eclipse. Aaah yes. Full Moon. 

On Election Night.

And many people have not learned how to use their new website (even though they've been on it for X amount of months, some more than a year) and they're freaking out. 

Aces. Awesome. 

Anyway. I'm super proud of some of the folks and the things they are building and making with their fancy new website. Super impressed. Very proud of them. Some of them are so good that it makes me feel inadequate in the stuff I built out for testing.  I'm working late tonight, monitoring the helpdesk tickets and helping if someone calls out for assistance on the slack channels. One person even put in a comment on another colleague's twitter feed that they couldn't get something to work

Tonight for dinner, I made a meatloaf, mashed potatoes, gravy and steamed broccoli. I've been wanting steamed broccoli for a while, so I got 2 heads, made them both. Doug and Geoff weren't interested, so instead of putting the leftovers away, I ate it all. 

I ate basically 1.5 giant heads of broccoli. 

Let's see if my belly survives the night. 

Here's a picture of Phineas bathed in sunlight during magic hour.  

digits

exercise

blood glucose:
8:30am: 177
5pm: 180
10pm: 228 (see the time of metformin, since I messed up the lunchtime metformin)

food:
coffee, water
10:30:  macintosh apple and pb
12:30: chicken salad (dried cranberries, pecans, mayo, cream cheese)
5pm: Metformin (forgot to take it at lunch! doh).
6:30pm: meatloaf, mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli (a LOT of steamed broccoli cause DWG & the boy were not interested), gravy
7pm: deep eddy lime vodka & tonic. two of them. Tempted for a third but I'll pass on it. Delicious though.
9pm: 2  yodels. (don't bring junk into my house on stressy work nights. I have no self control) 
10pm: metformin+jardiance

2 comments:

  1. Eliz / Rockport11:24 AM

    GORGEOUS photo of Phineas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! i wanted him to look at me because the sunlight ws hitting him in the face and it was so cute. but he will often tunr away from the camera.

      Delete