Sunday, November 06, 2022

Oooof

I love when we do the daylight savings thing for just the first morning. I love the extra half hour of sleep. You can sleep until 9:30, and it's really 10:30, and that's a little gift. 

Last night I was in the bedroom on a video chat with my sister and Doug came in to get ready for bed, so I moved into the living room. Geoff came up to watch TV. He's working through the X-Files and Seinfeld, so last night it was X-Files. I pointed out I was talking to my sister, and he was like "I'll keep the volume down low." Nah, that's OK, I'll relocate again. Off to the guest room .

Meanwhile, I was in an incredibly good and fun mood so Linda and I chatted until late, and I was having a couple of beers. I kind of didn't think about the ABV (alcohol by volume) of the variety pack beers Geoff got, they were all over 8%. So that's like drinking a beer and a half or more. And I had five. Recently, Geoff picked up some Tripel IPAs and I told him to only have one, not 5 or something. Those are 11%  ABV usually. So they'll knock you on your ass quickly. I usually read labels, and most beers are 5%, but ... these were extra and I wasn't paying attention. It has been literally half a year since I've had that much to drink. Wild. 

It hit me when I was trying to fall asleep just how big a mistake that was. I went to bed in the guest room because Doug had closed the door to our room when he went in, and then I didn't want to break in there, make a ton of noise, disturb him. He had to be up incredibly early for his test, so I wanted to be merciful. I forgot to brush my teeth (woke up around 4 to pee and did) I didn't take my blood sugar or the blood thinner I take at night, oops. It's okay to miss one day.  I guess. I'm sure I'm in range still for the PT/INR values. I just kind of crashed. I put the laptop aside on the bed and flopped. 

Thankful for that extra hour of sleep because my fitbit said I fell asleep around 1:45. It was a struggle. 

I'm supposed to (I promised me) be using this time to clean the house but I have a legit hangover. Ha. Dumb, kid. Just dumb. You forgot what this was like. 

Finishing this post after dinner. While I was here  and he was there, I did a little tidying up, folded laundry, sorted junk mail, but not much else. Doug texted me at about 12:30 to let me know he had passed the exam. Initially he'd said last night that we would go out and celebrate.  

He got home around 2 and took a nap. I took a nap too, but couldn't really sleep so I got up at 4 to make dinner. I picked a very involved recipe that I've made before. 

He came out at 5 and said "oh, I thought we'd go out." 

I said oh... I thought maybe he didn't want to, he didn't indicate "after I take a nap, we'll go out..." and he agreed, we didn't set ourselves up for success on this. So he asked what dinner was, I told him, and he said that was great - he was happy to have that. 

We'll get our chance to go out. Our friends from NH just relocated to Frederick, and M said next weekend might be the best time for us to get together. I'd offered to come up and help unpack but she said her step daughter was in the DC area for business and was coming up to visit and help. So they had their family time. We'll be able to connect with them soon. She's already texting me cool places they've found near their house. I love it.

Anyway. not very exciting here but yay for doug and I hope he starts to get some traction on applications and his resume. 

And as much as I love the morning I am feeling like it is 11:30 when it is 10:30. ugh. I'm going to bed now. 


digits:

exercise

blood glucose:
9:30am: 210 
4:30pm: 182
10pm: 187

food:
coffee, water
10am: 2 good yogurt
2pm: giant celery stick with peanut butter. Metformin
5:30pm: French Onion Meatball soup. ground beef and not chicken. I don't make the meatballs the way she describes, I made them the way I always made them. Used lots of parsley in the meatballs and then sage in the soup. It came out great. I ate 5 meatballs, and 2 toasted croutons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment