Wednesday, November 02, 2022

Chicken Soup

 Been too busy today to get a post going before now. I usually set one up to add to through the day but it was just crazy. And tomorrow may be just as.  

I still have work to do tonight but I'm basically over it. I have a short list of things to dive into first thing tomorrow. Doug put on Cabinet of Curiosities and it's pretty good but the one we've got on right now is ridiculous. I should set up content sharing for all of Ohio. Or test all the election embeds. But it can wait.

Lately first thing has been 9:15am, or 9:30 ... unfortunately. I hate getting up. I hate starting work. I have been absolutely stressed. Today I had about 90 minutes during the day where I wasn't in meetings. 

At about 10:30am I put on some chicken breasts for chicken salad and boiled them, turned off the heat and covered them. And at 11:30 I snuck into the kitchen to whip them out of the water, air cool, and then made chicken salad. Doug had a doctor's appointment at 1, so I wanted to get it made for the both of us before he left and I went into another meeting. 

At 3pm I grabbed the chicken carcass from a couple nights ago and whipped it into a stock pot, filled it with water, added carrots and chopped celery and set it to boil. I was waiting for Geoff to get home from the market so I could put onions in it. He got them chopped up and while I was in a meeting he sauteed them for me to caramelize. 

I love soup season, but I have to admit, it was 70 plus degrees here today so we opened all the windows. The house doesn't smell as amazing as it could, if it was super cold out. 

The soup was good. Managing to squeeze little runs into the kitchen to do things like tear the meat apart and pull out the bones, it all worked out great. 

There are enough leftovers for one person to have lunch tomorrow. That is usually my goal. Someone at work asked me if I freeze my stock and I laughed. I never lasts long enough. 

Anyway. No picture but I did get some steps in. And that's good.

Oh and I sucked it up and did that Ohio thing that I needed to do, emailed the stations, and now it is bedtime!




digits

exercise: Dedicated 10+5 while dinner was cooking

blood glucose:
9am:  174
5:30pm: 182
10pm: 148

Food:
coffee, water
10:30am: mixed berry 2 good yogurt
12:45pm: metformin; large bowl of chicken salad
3pm: a bunch of carrots
6pm: 2 bowls of chicken soup (onions, celery, carrots, homemade chicken stock)
7pm: metformin+jardiance
Wine
10:30pm: Triscuits while building Ohio.

No comments:

Post a Comment