Friday, November 11, 2022

A Birthday Gift

Yesterday I mentioned all the things to do and think about. And now I'm obsessing. Planning. Making lists in my head. Making lists on paper. Looking at the puzzle table and thinking Good Lord we have to finish this thing or buy one of those Puzzle mats and get it all set to get this out of here (I bought a puzzle map, just in case). 

I kind of see that table for setting up my sister's 3 container drink station, and a custom concoction mix of drinks setup. I wonder if they tolerate hot liquids? Probably not. I can use the crock pot for mulled wine or cider. For hot drinks.

I'm starting to build the fantasy party. Get all of my white lights out to hang along the ceiling (get a very tall boy to help), clean all the surfaces, rearrange the Bar cabinet and maybe that's where we put the drink station on top of and the chafing dishes over on the puzzle table. 

Hmmmm. 

Nothing will be done until I get to doing it, but it is fun to sit and plan and think. 

Today I had some free time, for once. I didn't dive into a thing that I need to do that I just didn't have the mental energy to get going. Maybe I'll read the stuff over the weekend, during football. 

An email came in that I had to talk about with my work bestie about, in order to come up with a good reply but we really just wanted to howl at how stupid it was. We talked for an hour or more about it and all kinds of other things about work and life and stuff. So that brought me up to the end of day pretty much. 

My sister messaged me, and we ended up talking about her trip here, when she was going to arrive, what foods. All the things. 

Again, feeling like the day is almost over and I am done with everything, I caught a voicemail from an actual client instead of a general public crank out in the world who was mad about stuff. So I called him back to help him out, it took a long time to figure out what exactly he wanted, a zoom screenshare was needed, and I ended up making up for all the time I spent not doing actual work by pushing to 6:30pm. 

Geoff made dinner while I saved the day. It was delicious and wonderful. 

I heard a bang on the door and went to see what was up. 

I saw a delivery guy walking down to the gate and opened the door to see a small package on the porch. My first birthday gift of the year from my most thoughtful best friend. 

First of all, the card is hilarious. Then the Swiss chocolate refrigerator magnet was delightful, a souvenir from her recent trip to Switzerland. And the photo of me and my sister in the Metro in DC, truly touching. I flipped it over and on the other side was a picture of us from when we were little.

Absolutely the sweetest. 

And it was wrapped in what appears to be baby shower or baby gift wrapping paper which cracked me up too. So adorable. 

What a great way to end a complicated and busy work week. Now I just need a sweet sweet picture of me and my friend in a little frame to go with. All the sisters! Digits below.



digits

exercise: pouring rain out. took extra steps every hour pretty much to try and make up for lack of steps through the day.

blood glucose:
9am: 190
5pm: 142
10:30pm: 148

food:
coffee, water
noon: some tuna fish; metformin
1:30: bowl of leftover chicken stew from the other night
6pm: 2 fajitas, chicken, onion, sour cream, avocado spread, low carb wraps
7pm: metformin+jardiance; white wine+diet 7up

No comments:

Post a Comment