Monday, November 14, 2022

Road Trip?

So Doug is moving to another department, most likely. I think. 

He interviewed with the director of a different department where he works, and she said he can pick his start date on her team. Kind of great, kind of cool, he basically would have to tell his current manager that he's "leaving," and then pick his start date. He had to "apply" for the job he interviewed for, but she basically told him the job is his. Until he has something in writing though, I told him to keep his mouth shut and not give notice. 

He's much happier now that there's the possibility of not having his current job anymore. I'm very happy that he's happy. 

He has 3-4 weeks vacation, and he is thinking he'll take a bunch of it. 

He came upstairs to tell me about the whole plan and said he was going to take a month off, rent a campervan, and toodle aboot happily. 

First of all. Okay. Fun! I like it. 

Not in December. I ... I mean yeah. I would do it in March or April, or next September? But December? Um. Huh. 

Second of all. I ... have a job. And a team. And taking a month off? My work-wife said that "the entire operation would crumble if I wasn't working. When I take a day or two off, the wheels wobble, and then I come back and fix it all, and everyone is happy again. 

A ... month? I don't think I could swing that on short notice. I do have about 6 weeks vacation, but. Not at once. 

He seemed surprised and disappointed that I wasn't all on board for doing something like this. I've always wanted to go see the Northern Lights, in December or January, like, that's the time to go. But a campervan in December, for a month,  hmmmmm not a hard pass on the campervan part but yeah on the ... amount of time part. 

So. 

I pointed out that Geoff is off from December 10 to January 20. 

"Maybeeeeee? You and ... The Boy could do something? If you take a campervan, you can take Phineas? I can fly somewhere to meet you for a long weekend?" 

He has started to see this as an option. He said he'd like to go down to Louisville, KY and go on a Distillery tour or two. Geoff is a fan of the bourbons and whiskeys, and I do have a good friend/coworker in Louisville that I could connect them with. I'm sure Charles would show them a good good time. He is a huge bourbon fan, and always offers to buy me a glass when I finally come visit him. After all the years of help and support. 

Maybe he can get entertained by my husband and son who actually will enjoy bourbon. 

Anyway. 

Geoff's got close to a month free, Doug has a whole ton of time free, and so yeah. Go. Go Boys, Go. Take the dog, and maybe I'll fly somewhere to connect with you. And fly home, and take a long weekend with like a Thur/Fri and Mon/Tues off on either end of something. 

Christmas in Nashville? 

New Orleans? 

As long as I don't have to worry about leaving a dog somewhere, I can get my ass on an airplane, and if y'all got a campervan? I'll stay at a hotel! hahahahahha. 



digits

exercise: dedicated 10+10; laps in house.

blood glucose:
9am: 185
5pm: 140 (first test said 86 so I redid it. I'm seeing a lot of weird readings lately. 200+ and then 160? I hate this sometimes. lol)
10pm: 176

food:
coffee, water
12:45pm: leftover gyro meat, leftover greek salad, 
1:15pm: 2 large celery sticks with peanut butter, metformin
5pm: mcintosh apple
6pm: 1 beer before Geoff drinks every one I bought myself (Eisbachwelle from Astro Lab) 

No comments:

Post a Comment