Tuesday, November 15, 2022

How about not setting the house on fire, Chris

10am, I put a pot of water on to boil and dropped three chicken breasts in to get them cooked up nice for chicken salad. 

10:15 I made a wee low carb wrap with pb/j on it. 

10:30 sat down for a team meeting, said to myself "oh, I should turn the pot of water off damn" but the meeting started. Massive outage of our big software, scrambling to answer tickets during the team meeting. 

11, log into the 11am meeting with everyone on the distributed team to find out the consensus "oh we should reschedule this because of the outage." Yes, yes we should. 

11:15 Dog starts whining as I answer more tickets, slack with colleagues, begrudgingly stand up and let him out. 

11:15, wondered what the horrible smell was that was coming from the kitchen. "What is Geoff cooking? Ugh!" Go to the bathroom, come out and go into the kitchen. 

There's your pot of water, with three chicken breasts in it, and about 1 inch of water rapidly evaporating at a very hard boil.

Oh. What you smell is your kitchen 'bout to combust into flame. Good job. 

Geoff had walked through the kitchen a bunch of times, and didn't once say "oh, do you want me to turn off the water?"

Usually I boil the chicken breasts for about 20 minutes, then turn the water off and just let them sit in there in the hot water until they cool down, then I make the chicken salad. Here I am slicing off the burned chicken that was stuck to the bottom of the pot. 

It was still good. But shit. My job just getting in my way of my sanity and my lunch.

They are doing a code push tonight at 8pm. My boss said he'd monitor the tickets and the slack channels. All's quiet right now but I'm the backup so I am monitoring the monitor.

I may be up late, so I have to say I appreciate when my son goes shopping for us and doesn't bring home junk food. But I'm also sorely disappointed that my son did not bring home junk food.

Managed to squeeze in a walk today while Doug was napping on the couch, so that's something, right?




digits

exercise: Dedicated 10+7

blood glucose:
8am: 158
6:30pm (after dinner. I forgot to check before i ate) 190
10:30pm 158

food
coffee, water
10:15am: low carb wrap w/pbj
12:30: chicken salad (chicken, mayo, cream cheese, craisins, walnuts)
2pm: a couple scoops of chicken salad before putting the rest away
6pm: 3 boneless pork chops, 4 pierogies, a whole ton of peas
6:45pm: Metformin+jardiance
8pm: handful of mixed nuts

No comments:

Post a Comment