Tuesday, July 02, 2024

Firewood Adventure

I use the Nextdoor site which is mostly people reporting their cars have been broken into, reports of "was that gunshots or fireworks," people oversharing their artwork, stuff like that. There is a For Sale and Free section, and I go there once in a while to just see if there are pots for my indoor and outdoor plants. 

There was a guy selling firewood for a buck a log. We're out of firewood. We need to replace our fire pit, and stuff, but, okay. I'll get some wood! 

The dude and I played email/text tag for weeks and weeks and today was the day. After work I went over with the mini - and we filled the hatch with about 40 pieces of wood. Some long, some short, so he didn't charge me a buck a piece for the little chunkies. For about 25 bucks, my car was full and I have permission to come back any time now that I know where his house is, and just leave an envelope with money somewhere on the porch. 

He was a super nice guy, and on the way home the GPS sent me right past the gym. Damn. I knew I was somewhat close? And... I had my flip flops on. So. No gym. Should have planned better.  It was too dark when I got home to take a picture of the pile, Geoff is going to organize it while we're away. 

We're leaving in the morning, so I'm glad I went and did this. Feeling quite accomplished. I did a thing!!! Speaking of things, I do have a list of things to do in the morning. We are hoping to be on the road by 10? Wish us luck!

Today's Picture: When I went out to water the plants this morning, some wee being ate one plant out of one of the pots, but not .... anything else. Rude. Anyway. Digits below. 

digits

exercise: 12/12 hours. no formal exercise but did move the wood around with the guy to get it in my car, unloaded it, that sort of thing. 6300+steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

8am: 150
6pm: 151
10pm: 205 (pre protein shake)
11pm retake: 170

food:

coffee/water/iced tea
11:45am: metformin, roast beef & sharp cheddar grilled cheese on 657 multigrain bread
throughout the afternoon .... maybe a bunch of candied cashews. maybe
6:30pm: small bowl of pasta with meat sauce; metformin+jardiance
10:15pm: protein shake

No comments:

Post a Comment