Sunday, July 28, 2024

You had one task

With Doug out of town, I was going to record myself singing along with a karaoke track of Janis Joplin's rendition of Me & Bobby McGee, I got cute little rose colored round glasses, some funky pants that I can't figure out how to make work, they're hippie wrap-pants and confusing AF. 

And since I could not find the little mink hat we had gotten from Doug's grandma, I put a cool scarf around a leather drifter hat Doug bought years ago. 

I had the look. 

But I just .... don't have the skill. I couldn't do it. I recorded myself repeatedly - sucked. Absolutely sucked. Deleted every recording. 

I am sure I can do this. I just.... I have no idea how to go about it right. 

I don't know ... Not meant to be a rockstar I guess?

Anyway. I'll probably still dress up for the Friday night show. After all, these cute little pink glasses are not going to wear themselves. 

My cousin was blowing up my phone all afternoon. He said he's 75% cleaned out of the apartment, just has his essentials for living for the next week, and he was making gumbo. He loves to cook, which is nice. But then he says weird things like "some woman should be here with me enjoying this dinner, and then rewarding me for all my efforts."

eewww? 

Doug texted me at 3 that he was going to be home around 7:30, which means he either hadn't left yet or was just leaving. Geoff wanted to go to the bank so we headed up to the branch next to one of our favorite places, Brew Belly. We ate subs, had a couple beers, and people were there watching the Olympics women's Gymnastic trials. And cheering, and having a lot of fun. I thought it was sweet. 

We ordered Doug some dinner and headed home. He got there 15 minutes before we did, It was so nice to have him home. He said everyone asked after me. He ran bingo for the family, again. I'm glad he went. 

Anyway. I did absolutely nothing cleaning-wise or anything else-wise. Didn't record my video, and I'm headed to bed. Not sure why I'm so epically wiped out. but. 

Digits below my goofy face.


digits

exercise: 10/12 hours. Missed 9 am, slept in. Missed 3pm, goofing off on phone. 6100+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

10am: 150
5pm: 130
10pm: 160

food:

coffee/water
1pm: blt salad w/spinach and goat cheese. Metformin
5pm: spicy queso cheese dip w/ some pretzels for dipping
6pm: metformin+jardiance
7pm: cheese steak, a couple fries, 2 beers

No comments:

Post a Comment