Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Mom-isms

I was thinking of a Mom-ism this morning. Toffee usually sleeps on Doug's side of the bed with him, and he mostly doesn't mind. But when she is on my side of the bed, she is so big and I end up leaving the family bed and going to the guest room. 

We have a split king, and unless she sleeps right in the center of the two beds, or on Doug's side, she's all on my side. 

When she does sleep in the middle, she pushes down the space filler and ends up crammed between the mattresses. Which is sometimes funny but I totally feel awful for her. 

And when she is on my side of the bed, she is smack dab in the center. And when I go to the Queen bed in the guest room, she doesn't sleep on one side of the bed, she sleeps.... in the center. This morning, I almost fell out of bed because she was so far up my back that I was worried about rolling over on her, so I shifted a little closer to the edge, only, I was on the edge. 

Which brings me to my Mom-ism.

"She likes her half in the middle." 

I wonder who else's parents used to say that?

My mom has a LIST of these, I'm sure Linda and I could write them all out. Another one is if you're sad and whining to her, she'll say "Know where you can find sympathy? In the dictionary between shit and syphilis." 

Nice. Thanks. 

Anyway. Today went well. I told my boss, basically fresh off his vacation, how shitty things were last week and he didn't tell me where to look for sympathy. I don't know what good it does letting him know how epic the past two weeks were. I prayed for quiet and peace and I got an assassination attempt and a candidate drop out. Not fun. 

We talked about decision making vortexes and gaps, We talked about too many people being "stakeholders" and decisions not being made in a quick and timely fashion. I was happy to let him know that things were un-awesome. We'll see if it matters. 

Well, no picture today. I will say that Geoff had today off work since he worked the weekend. Doug went to the office. And I was going to vacuum but did not. And I am okay with that. 

Digits below. Good night! 







digits

exercise: 12/12 hours.  25 min. interior walk. 6700+ steps by bedtime

blood glucose:

9am: 183
4:45pm: 144
10pm: 157

food:

coffee/water
10:30am: english muffin, w/pb & apricot preserves
noon: Metformin; bowl of mac & cheese w/extra cheese and nacho meat
6pm: slab of chicken parm
7:45pm: Metformin+jardiance
vodka+sugar free fruit punch
8pm: twix candy ice cream bar



No comments:

Post a Comment