Monday, September 05, 2022

A kind of do not much but not quite nothing day to top off the weekend

 I kind of wanted to go to a new to us brewery today, they had my favorite food truck, and an anniversary brew and a pitcher as a gift to attendees. Doug said he didn't feel like going out. And now I'm here at 6pm wishing we'd gone. I coulda done with a big fat crab cake. 

I guess two out of three days of activity on a holiday weekend and doing interesting stuff gives you the rights to a sit back and do nothing day for the Monday. 

Today I spent time learning about plant care. I have a pothos that I may need to repot, and restart, maybe. The ends of the plant "arms" are full of leaves but the leaves in between the pot and say the last 6 inches of the plant all fall off. And any leaves in the middle and closer to the pot are yellow. 

The internet tells me the plant is not getting enough sunlight but that's a damn hell ass lie because it is right in the front window, East facing, full sun, and should be quite happy. But maybe too much sun. Maybe the wrong pot. I don't think this pot has drain holes. 

I think I need some more pots. Hahahahhaha. Doh. 

Tonight for dinner, Doug grilled some chicken wings, and I always feel like he doesn't buy enough. We each get about 6 wings and I want like 10, or 50. So it's a little annoying. He cut up a cantaloupe, and it is super sweet, so I didn't have any. I made a salad, but I haven't eaten it. Maybe at 8pm. Maybe. Or I've got it made for tomorrow. 

Doug picked a movie with Joaquin Phoenix and Jonah Hill, where Phoenix is a 70s era songwriter who is paralyzed in a car accident, and he's an alcoholic, and he looks so much like a guy I went to high school with who is also a songwriter (and an alcoholic in recovery who luckily didn't end up in a wheelchair, amazingly). 

I'm just not interested in his story. I also don't like skinny Jonah Hill. He needs to be a fat guy, an affable, adorable bumblefuck, and not a skinny Jesus looking gay guy who is a recovery guru. Well, even if he is a little hot. Just a little.

I decided to repot some plants. ha. I do wish I had one or two other pots and trim my pothos all the way back because it is so sad. 

And I also went through my phone and organize the pictures from the trip to Maine for Guster. Reliving the memories and the sky and the friends and laughter. Oh and I was nice and took over the on call duties from my coworker who is on vacation but didn't want to ask anyone to trade. And what happens? An emergency page at 10pm. At least it wasn't 3am. And I'd say "this is what I get for being nice and taking the on call" but I am so glad I got the call. He's got to get up at 4am to get to the airport. So I am super cool with it all. 

Oh, a friend shared this on her socials today and I thought it was hilarious. 

digits

exercise: After dinner Dedicated 10 and the the rain came. 

blood glucose
11am 178
5pm 141
11pm 189

food:
coffee, water
11am: leftover salad from last night
12:30: metformin; turkey, munster, tomato, mayo on 2 slices of 647 bread. 
1pm: slice of tomato, 2 slices of munster, one slice of 647, mayo (just to get the tomato done and the munster done).
5pm: Metformin. one chocolate chip cookie, grilled chicken wings, salad.
7pm: wine
8pm: trail mix ramekin

No comments:

Post a Comment