Saturday, September 03, 2022

Farmers' Market Again

For some reason I was the first person awake this morning. This never happens. Even the dog slept in.

Before I go to bed I usually like to make sure the kitchen is cleaned up. Dishes in dishwasher, countertop wiped down. I didn't do that last night, so the place was kind of a mess when I got up this morning to make the coffee. 

Both Doug and Geoff will ignore mess and add more mess to the existing mess. If I'm going to do anything in the kitchen, I can't start unless everything is clean. Thanks to the cooking school and working in restaurants, it's just how the brain works, I guess... Mess? Clean! Mess again! Mise en place! MISE EN PLACE! 

So I cleaned up, loaded the dishwasher, scrubbed the counters. Then and only then did I manage to get a pot of coffee on, and settled in to goof off Saturday morning style. Doug got up and also goofed off, we listened to music, talked about the new puzzle (he got some work done on it yesterday) and he declared it Farmers' Market time. 

More tomatoes, peaches before they're done for the year, squash, Asian pears, and apples. I wanted to take more pictures of things but there were so many people, it was so crowded, and I didn't want to be in the way. So I just got this one of the peaches in a bin and scurried along.

We were going to get beer from one of our local favorite craft brewers but they had a line 10 people deep by the time we got to them, and they didn't have anything new in cans that we haven't already tried. So we passed on that purchase. 

We're going to a different brewery tomorrow because they have a plant swap, so that'll be fun. We haven't been to this particular one in a hot minute, I think pre-pandemic "Before Times" because we didn't have Phineas. Maybe it was the time between Phineas' arrival and Brodie's departure. So it'll be nice to go back. Reminds me that I'm behind on the beer blog. I never did finish the posts from New Orleans!

Tonight is the night of the cauliflower pizza crust. It deserves its own entry so that's here!

I mentioned the other day that one of the sunflowers was stupid tall, so today before we went to the farmers' market Doug was looking at it and I took his picture, and then asked him to be astonished. He always plays along when I ask him to do something for a picture. "Human, for scale." Hilarious.


digits

exercise: Dedicated 10+22 = 33 min. Nothing registered on the fitbit walking at the farmer's market or the 3 laps around Target. But I cooked a pizza crust, and walked through the house while it was doing its thing. 

blood glucose
8am: 178
5pm 195
10pm: 158

food:
coffee, water
10am: handful of cherry tomatoes (on the way out the door)
12:15pm: 2 good yogurt; metformin
1:15pm: 2 pieces of 647 bread w/peanut butter and sugar free strawberry preserves
5:30pm Metformin+jardiance; some scoops of onion/sausage/mushroom
6pm: Cauliflower Pizza - 2 pieces
3 beers with dinner time
cran/vodka cocktail because doug made it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment