Saturday, September 24, 2022

Breakfast Burrito Saturday

This morning, I was thinking about some of the cool little places we've had breakfast at in the southwest. Tucson, Tempe, Phoenix, Silver City. I guess I'm feeling like travel there would be fun. I was thinking about the red and green sauce "Christmas style" that they'd zig zag across the top of the burrito. The sauteed onion, pepper, melty cheese, just right fluffy scrambled eggs, salsa, sausage or bacon. 

I wasn't thinking about the hash browns. No I was not. 

I decided I'd whip up our own breakfast burritos this morning in the spirit of. Doug has been in an epic shit mood for the past couple weeks (work related) and so I'm trying to be kind, even if he is snappy with me (he was this morning). 

Breakfast Burrito is the answer and cure to a grumpy mood sometimes. 

I whipped up 3 eggs and scrambled them, topped with shredded cheddar while still in the pan to get the cheese super melty. I microwaved 2 breakfast sausage patties and diced them up. Then I spread hot salsa on the low-carb wrap. 

The wraps were too small - there are two sizes that we usually get and these were unfortunately not the big assed ones that would hold a honking bunch of breakfast burrito. I had intended on giving Doug the first 3 eggs done up and make just 2 for myself, but no way that was gonna fit in here. 

Boo. 

So I split the scramble up between us. Small portions, but it fit in the wraps and I was able to roll them up. If it was served on a plate with knife and fork, seam down, it would not have been noticeable the shitty job I did, but that's okay. It held together. 

We don't have the squirt bottles of red and green salsa (and they sometimes have a white sour cream too)... but it was a tiny bit of joy on a plate this morning. Some mexican beans and rice would have rounded it out beautifully.

It made me happy, maybe it will help make him happy. I hope. He worked the puzzle for a while this morning and now he's once again looking for jobs. Not very happy. He has expanded his job search up to Baltimore and down to Richmond. I'm not interested in moving to Richmond. It's 2 hours away. So a commute down there would be horrible. We could probably get him a room for rent situation for a while, and I'd stay here while Geoff finishes school. He said not to get ahead of myself thinking and planning but you know me. I have to envision what the situation might be in order to be comfortable with it. Heck, he could even stay with my cousin. 

It would be like the Odd Couple for sure. 

Oh, and our friends who are relocating to the area have picked their place up in Frederick, the move date is 11/1, and I'm super excited that they'll be here! Can't wait. Even an hour away, it'll be wonderful to have them nearby. Yay! 


For a picture today.... Here's a couple pictures from our fence. We have some sort of vine thing with white flowers that is at the southeast end of the fence, and then our poor morning glories, which are mostly dead but still have a ton of flowers showing on them in the mornings. A tale of two thingies. Time to take the morning glories down, I guess.


digits

exercise: Long walk outside. Dedicated 10+28. Pokemon stroll on a really nice nice afternoon.

blood glucose:
9am: 167
6:30pm: 171
10:30pm: 123

Food
coffee, water
11am: Breakfast Burrito. Small low-carb wrap, 1.5 (ish) eggs with salt & pepper, shredded cheese, salsa.
1pm: metformin
2pm: Hostess Ding Dong (damn you!)
6pm: apple; metformin+jardiance
7pm: pork chops & mixed veggies; vodka tonic
10:30pm: 2 large celery sticks with peanut butter

No comments:

Post a Comment